Cardiff next Satda

Cardiff next Satda

BarcaMag Offline

Banned
Cardiff next Satda

Anything less than a win is very likely to see us in the relegation zone throughout the entirity of September.

OK - it's early days, so not exactly critical - but would also potentially see us struggle throughout the season as well; as once down there, it becomes difficult to climb out.

On the plus side, we're playing some of the toughest games of the season early on (I classify Spurs home and away as among our toughest games, along with the other 5 big clubs).

We did fairly well at scraping a few good points from the big sides last season, but they've all strengthened where they need to (apart from Spurs, funnily enough - but they did a job on us anyway).

We need to start with Rondon this time, and give him the support he needs.....maybe Perez or maybe Muto.....but definately some pace around him.

Joselu, despite his goal and *sigh* 'one good pass to Kenedy'* today all game - is not enough.

Need 3 points against Cardiff, to not have a mountain to climb.
12th August 2018 12:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter
RE: Cardiff next Satda

Even if we lose at Cardiff it's no big deal, I saw enough from most of the players yesterday to show me we are moving in the right direction under Benitez, we'll be OK.
12th August 2018 08:40 AM
geordiebri Offline

Youth Team

Whilst I wouldn't say we were unlucky yesterday, they were very slightly better than us. That's the thing with the Premier League, very small margins..
I think if we play Cardiff in a similar vane we'll beat them .

I'm sorry but Joseph is site and shouldn't be let near a start. I believe Rondon from the beginning next week. I'll have a fiver on him to score next week along with an away win even after Warnocks lot have tried to kick us back to Newcastle.
12th August 2018 10:32 AM
BarcaMag Offline

Banned
Cardiff next Satda

We played well enough for a point yesterday, as I thought we matched them. Yedlin being too far advanced too often I think caught us out. I hope he's fit for Cardiff though, as it would be good to put a weaker side on the back foot.

Personally I think losing to Cardiff would be a disaster for confidence, going into much tougher games afterwards.

Need 3 points nothing less.
12th August 2018 10:40 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(12th August 2018 10:32 AM)geordiebri Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Whilst I wouldn't say we were unlucky yesterday, they were very slightly better than us. That's the thing with the Premier League, very small margins..
I think if we play Cardiff in a similar vane we'll beat them .

I'm sorry but Joseph is site and shouldn't be let near a start. I believe Rondon from the beginning next week. I'll have a fiver on him to score next week along with an away win even after Warnocks lot have tried to kick us back to Newcastle.

we were unlucky imo, their first goal would not have been given without hawkfuckingeye, 9milometres, bastards, probably about the size of alli's cock Rolleyes.......then we hit the post hit the bar, kenedy's chance, they got away with murder the ref should have worn a spurs strip, but that's life, toon toon.
12th August 2018 11:06 AM