NUST

Anyone joined?

Just done it, simply to give them a bit of support
1st July 2019 06:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ToonArmy1892 Online

Fan Favourite
RE: NUST

I am not sure of their stance on a boycott.

Also trying to work with the club, i think we are a bit past that point somehow.
1st July 2019 07:01 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

It's £1 , there a voice for the fans ,
1st July 2019 07:26 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

Fan Favourite

(1st July 2019 07:26 PM)tino Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.It's £1 , there a voice for the fans ,

I know.

Rafa has joined, haha.
(This post was last modified: 1st July 2019 08:19 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
1st July 2019 07:27 PM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

I saw that he’ll get arrested if he protests in China they are not keen on that sort of thing.
2nd July 2019 06:15 AM
ToonArmy1892 Online

Fan Favourite

Them sweet loyalty points eh?

Loyal to Ashley, not Newcastle United.

Anyone renewing should be ashamed to call themselves a Newcastle fan.

BTW Wraith is claiming to be the leader of NUST.

I'd want my fucking quid back if i'd joined.
(This post was last modified: 4th July 2019 11:49 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
4th July 2019 11:05 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
NUST

Its not a protest group so they (we?) will not be advocating boycotts or picket lines.

Its cheap to join and gives you a legitimate vote on issues that are to be addressed by the group.

Yes the liaising with this current regime is often pointless, but pretty much everything this regime do is totally off the wall and has no community of club feeling.

The trust has influenced means of ticketing, marketing, away day organisation, loyalty points (or is trying to), community interaction ect etc.

Ultimately the idea is to have enough clout and funds to be a credible voice that will actually sit on the board of the club under a proper regime in the future and who knows, if the system ever changes or stars align and there is an opportunity for trusts such as NUST to actually have a legitimate ownership stake of football clubs (like they have in Germany) then we will have a ready made entity that has the infrastructure and support to move quickly and be a part of things.

Aye a lot of that may be pie in the sky, but if its a tenner (life time membership) at stake in terms of cash and the odd meeting or event to offer my time to I am all for it and so should any reasonable minded NUFC fan - If you do sign up and you dont like their policies or means of doing things - Just sign out.

I dont understand why a fan wouldnt want to be part of something like this. Can even just chip in £1 for a season and just lurk, read and form an opinion for a season then decide whether to bother going forward or not - We all spout endless stuff on here for long enough, it would take far less time and effort to look into NUST for a year than it does to exchange lyrical blows on ToTT.

Just saying.

(4th July 2019 11:05 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Them sweet loyalty points eh?

Loyal to Ashley, not Newcastle United.

Anyone renewing should be ashamed to call themselves a Newcastle fan.

BTW Wraith is claiming to be the leader of NUST.

I'd want my fucking quid back if i'd joined.

Wraith is claiming no such thing.

He is on the board as they asked if he would be interested and he said yes, having considered not doing it for the very reason that you have posted - Folk dont like him and are suspect of anything he puts his hand to.

Alex Hurst from True Faith is the Chairman at the moment, though they have an election process that all members can vote through.

If you listen to the TF podcast from Wednesday, its Alex Hurst and Steve Wraith talking about the trust, what it is doing and what it is hoping to achieve in the future - How it is governed and administrated and how they are looking for transparency to facilitate trust and support.

Its time fans at large ditched their perceptions of certain people, groups or whatever and look to actually get together in something that is not a total knee jerk fit of rage movement - It needs to be organised and administrated properly with clear short, medium and long term goals.

Personally I cant see a fault in what they are doing and I have offered up my services as an accountant and auditor free of charge if they need that sort of role filling, I dont care if its just helping crunch some numbers here and there or if they needed something formal - They are looking to do things right for the good of NUFC and the community and I am more than happy to give up my own time to help if they need it.

If it all comes to fuck all then fine, at least they are trying rather than just jumping up and down and pissing and moaning.

If you all really are wanting to make a difference for our club then fucking do something about it instead of just whinging. Everyone has something to offer, be it administrating in an organisation like NUST or picketing outside of the ground with the coalition of protest groups that has been put together (I have also contacted them to ask what they need bodies for) or even if you are in to cyber anarchy and want to hack SD mainframes and melt their website - Whatever you can do, fucking do so.

I am sick to death of reading and speaking to fans that are just happy to slag off Ashley and other fans for what they are trying to do as opposed to actually doing something themselves, in whatever form it is.

This CUNT is literally tearing the heart out of a region and pretty much removing a full generation of fans that should be coming through with excitement. The long term repercussions of him staying for another 12 years is potentially a fucking whole shift in the culture of the city itself - All through one mans greed.

Pissing and moaning is not going to change things.

Pick your weapon of choice and head into battle, or fuck off.

Rant over.
(This post was last modified: 5th July 2019 09:03 AM by Sal.)
5th July 2019 08:50 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
NUST

nice one Sal
5th July 2019 09:12 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
NUST

No idea if that is a little sarcastic or not mate.

This shit needs sorting out.

I had to try and explain to my eldest (6 years old, fuck me how did that happen) that I wont be taking him to any games this season despite him now being absolutely football crazy.

How many identical situations are there like that now? Into the thousands I'd imagine.

Perhaps I am being a little emotional on the back of an almighty Glasto come down, but fuck me are we even mags or what? What is the point in it if we are not going to kick back in any way we are able?

Is it a hardship to pop along to group meetings and contribute some ideas? Hand out the odd leaflet? Chuck in a few quid into a pot thats destined to cause some sort of good?

Its not even just about football, its about life in general and CUNTS taking whats not theirs.
5th July 2019 09:30 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
NUST

Not sarcastic at all mate - just thought it was a good post
5th July 2019 09:55 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
NUST

Then apologies for my not being sure!

Rants and emotion aside, sitting and doing nothing is not an option any more.

Even boycotting on its own is not good enough, word needs to be spread far and wide and support has to be given to groups and organisations that are there for the sole reason of making our club and our region a better place.

Fill your local food bank, support your local charities, be involved in NUFC movements, bat your local mackem.

Unless every man woman and child starts doing the right things for the right reasons then we are all fucked anyways - Be it football or not.

But please do all at least look into NUST and listen to Wednesdays TF podcast, if you cant get on board with the ideology of it then fair enough, but if you cant be arsed to consider it properly then you are no fan of our club.
5th July 2019 10:13 AM
ToonArmy1892 Online

Fan Favourite

Aye, the Wraith thing was a parody account, oops.

Still, he puts people off.
5th July 2019 11:04 AM
onthetoon1 Offline

Youth Team
NUST

Well said Sal.
5th July 2019 11:36 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
NUST

Well thats their bad to be fair.

He is a divisive character and he admits he is 'marmite' in his words.

I actually like the bloke and he clearly has NUFC at heart, yes he has an ego but all that shit shouldnt matter. He is not calling the shots and the more members there are the more of a democratic decision making process there will be.

Imagine cometh the time Ashley does fuck off that the Trust is well established with 20k+ active members - Any new regime would be insane to not take notice and work closely with the trust.

If we as fans cant grasp that ideal then we really are impossible to unite.

In the podcast they actually discuss the dream of 51% fan ownership - That would be fucking amazing and would secure the clubs best interests forever. Yes there would be a group at the top directing things, but they would ALWAYS be acting on a majority opinion of the members of the trust - Us.
5th July 2019 11:38 AM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

Interesting stuff there is an action group down here in London which I am a member of. It’s good to get involved at some level.
5th July 2019 05:42 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

Fan Favourite

(5th July 2019 11:38 AM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Well thats their bad to be fair.

I actually like the bloke and he clearly has NUFC at heart, yes he has an ego but all that shit shouldnt matter. He is not calling the shots and the more members there are the more of a democratic decision making process there will be.

Imagine cometh the time Ashley does fuck off that the Trust is well established with 20k+ active members - Any new regime would be insane to not take notice and work closely with the trust.

In the podcast they actually discuss the dream of 51% fan ownership - That would be fucking amazing and would secure the clubs best interests forever. Yes there would be a group at the top directing things, but they would ALWAYS be acting on a majority opinion of the members of the trust - Us.

He is an absolute embarrassment and makes any group he joins about him.

He is bothered about Steve Wraith, not NUFC.
5th July 2019 06:10 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

Agreed, a total attention seeker, always loitering around sjp when TV cameras are there, little big man
5th July 2019 06:21 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

Steve Wraith is a bell end.. I can't stand the cunt.
5th July 2019 09:22 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
NUST

So is Ashley.....

Which side you on?

(This post was last modified: 5th July 2019 09:27 PM by McCreery.)
5th July 2019 09:26 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

The Reverend Steve Wraith

[Image: 2dlmypt.jpg]
5th July 2019 09:49 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

(5th July 2019 09:26 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.So is Ashley.....

Which side you on?

Neither, they're both cunts.
5th July 2019 09:55 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
NUST

There is an obvious right and wrong like but fair enough
5th July 2019 09:59 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

(5th July 2019 06:10 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.[quote='Sal' pid='638428' dateline='1562326684']
Well thats their bad to be fair.

He is an absolute embarrassment and makes any group he joins about him.

He is bothered about Steve ...

(5th July 2019 09:49 PM)Jinkyjim Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.The Reverend Steve Wraith

[Image: 2dlmypt.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 5th July 2019 11:36 PM by carters.)
5th July 2019 11:28 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

He's not the only member

Sal is and me

Now I'm not a cunt unless your Welsh

Can't speak for Sal but he does live in hartlepool
6th July 2019 08:38 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
NUST

Ummm, I can be a cunt but generally I am not.

Tino's point being that he and I have the same voting power as Steve Wraith, so why anyone's opinion on NUST would change due to him being on the board, is odd.
8th July 2019 08:10 AM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

So the more of you who join the more can out vote Steve wraith

Or

Do fuck all and moan anyway
9th July 2019 05:25 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(8th July 2019 08:10 AM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Ummm, I can be a cunt but generally I am not.

We'll be the judge of that sonny
(This post was last modified: 9th July 2019 06:24 PM by WilloTheWimp.)
9th July 2019 06:23 PM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

I signed up to lifetime membership for £10 the other month. It can't harm anything.
9th July 2019 08:08 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

Fan Favourite

(9th July 2019 05:25 PM)tino Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.So the more of you who join the more can out vote Steve wraith

Or

Do fuck all and moan anyway

Yes, because if you aren't a member of NUST it means you are doing fuck all.

Rolleyes
9th July 2019 09:43 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
NUST

Well no but I have yet to read or hear a valid reason to not be a member of NUST.

The cost element has been removed, quite right too - So why wouldnt a mag want to be involved in a project like that?
10th July 2019 01:54 PM