Supporters groups calling for boycott

omenator Offline

Owner

Dear supporters of Newcastle United Football Club,

If you go to the match this season you are not in the wrong; Mike Ashley is.
If you boycott televised games you are not in the wrong; Mike Ashley is.
If you boycott the Arsenal game and St. James Park for the rest of the season you are not in the wrong; Mike Ashley is.
Ashley is wrong for this club and he is wrong if he thinks he has a future here. He does not give or build, he only knows how to take and throw his weight around. His bottom-line approach will see this club fail. Perhaps not this season nor the next but we will do nothing except circle the bowl and it will be slow, painful and totally needless.

What we need is a message. Not just to Ashley but also to the Premier League and football as a whole, that this man is toxic. Your brand will be tarnished and your product degraded. The ‘best league in the world’ seeming tolerant of a club existing solely to promote one of the country’s most loathed brands. We need him gone from our club.

Many will say it’s impossible to achieve, that he doesn’t care what we do or say or think but what is it we’ve criticised Ashley for most? A lack of ambition. Now it’s time we become the counterweight – the ultimate display of ambition. Wor flags set records, just look what our fans are capable of. Each of us wants to be stood shoulder to shoulder, United in voice for our club so let’s get ambitious. Let’s change the narrative. Let’s show what can happen when you disrespect a city, a community, a passionate, obsessed fanbase.

To this end, we call on all NUFC supporters to show the world that we will not take it lying down, that we will no longer stand idly by while he systematically and deliberately destroys this once great club. The first step is to boycott the Arsenal game…

#BoycottArsenal

To all fans of Newcastle United FC and all media outlets. Due to the ongoing situation at our great club, we would like to confirm that the following groups are now working together:

@IfRafaGoesWeGo
@emptyforashley
@TheMagpieGroup_
@AshleyOutdotcom
@Mike_Ashley_Out
@NUFC360
@LondonMagpies
@maintainSJP
@NWMagpies
Our initial aim is to mobilise a boycott of the Arsenal game (#BoycottArsenal) on the 11th of August with details and plans to boycott future games to be announced in the coming weeks. This is step one in our plan to starve Mike Ashley of the thing he desires most: money.

#BoycottSJP

That’s why we will be focusing on a full boycott of matchday activities at St James’ Park going forward (#BoycottSJP) and this will be our mantra until the club has new ownership. We collectively will not be putting another penny in Mike Ashley’s hands and so we have effectively banned ourselves from entering SJP, Nine bar, the club shop or any Sports Direct store nationwide. We are in the process of organising protests at SD branches nationwide; more details will follow.

Boycotting is the hardest decision any of us will likely ever make regarding NUFC. We will still support the club and follow them at away games but this no longer feels like ‘our’ club and it is time to make a stand. We are working tirelessly to find alternatives for fans during boycotted games which we explain below.

#SupportOurToon

We are very happy to announce that we have the support of many local businesses, some of whom are offering special deals on match days for food and drink to fans who boycott the games. This list is ever-growing so please follow the hashtag #SupportOurToon on twitter to keep updated. More specific details to follow.

This is why we are using the #SupportOurToon hashtag so fans can still enjoy the pre- and post-matchday experience whilst also supporting our local bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants. Mike Ashley can try and kill our club; he will never kill our proud city.
10th July 2019 11:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BIGFISH67 Offline

Youth Team

Why Boycott just hit the FCB where it hurts , his SKY revenue. Go to the match, cheer all you like upto the point the whistle blows, remain totally silent for the first 45 mins, go for a pint at half time, then remain silent again for the second 45 mins, watching this on Sky would be like going to the moon. No fucking atmosphere. How long before SKY get fed up of televising our matches.

Or all just walk onto the pitch , all the stewards in the world will not stop 40K walking onto the pitch, yes this will bring the club into disrepute, a nice fine to boot hitting FCB in the pocket and may even force to play behind closed doors. Lets see how the players react, if they dont, then we may as well all fuck off.

Confused
10th July 2019 11:58 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite
RE: Supporters groups calling for boycott

Or like, just don't go.
10th July 2019 12:16 PM
The Lowther Offline

Reserve Team

(10th July 2019 11:58 AM)BIGFISH67 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Why Boycott just hit the FCB where it hurts , his SKY revenue. Go to the match, cheer all you like upto the point the whistle blows, remain totally silent for the first 45 mins, go for a pint at half time, then remain silent again for the second 45 mins, watching this on Sky would be like going to the moon. No fucking atmosphere. How long before SKY get fed up of televising our matches.

Or all just walk onto the pitch , all the stewards in the world will not stop 40K walking onto the pitch, yes this will bring the club into disrepute, a nice fine to boot hitting FCB in the pocket and may even force to play behind closed doors. Lets see how the players react, if they dont, then we may as well all fuck off.

Confused

going for a pint at half time will really get to the fcb mind
10th July 2019 12:52 PM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman

It's a well known fact that fish have small brains
10th July 2019 01:13 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

(10th July 2019 12:52 PM)The Lowther Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(10th July 2019 11:58 AM)BIGFISH67 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Why Boycott just hit the FCB where it hurts , his SKY revenue. Go to the match, cheer all you like upto the point the whistle blows, remain totally silent for the first 45 mins, go for a pint at half time, then remain silent again for the second 45 mins, watching this on Sky would be like going to the moon. No fucking atmosphere. How long before SKY get fed up of televising our matches.

Confused

going for a pint at half time will really get to the fcb mind

Hehe.
10th July 2019 02:05 PM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

I've joined the Tourettes and Dyslexia action group… FOAM.
10th July 2019 02:49 PM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

We are just going round in fucking circles people will still go to the games at SJP. An empty stadium will not happen by all means boycott protest all you like I don’t think enough people will be on board. I was part of that 11 minute protest at the West Ham game. It was a waste of time. Only good thing was I missed their first goal. Most of the crowd were in their seats minority stayed out for first 11 minutes. It achieved fuck all,as soon as we started winning the ground was packed again. As stayed we don’t know who will be in charge yet or if any new players will be signed. Unless there is a mass boycott things will remain the same whether we like it or not.
(This post was last modified: 10th July 2019 02:59 PM by Surreymag.)
10th July 2019 02:55 PM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(10th July 2019 11:58 AM)BIGFISH67 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Why Boycott just hit the FCB where it hurts , his SKY revenue. Go to the match, cheer all you like upto the point the whistle blows, remain totally silent for the first 45 mins, go for a pint at half time, then remain silent again for the second 45 mins, watching this on Sky would be like going to the moon. No fucking atmosphere. How long before SKY get fed up of televising our matche

Confused

You on drugs?
So you have PAID to get in...more money in his fat wallet.
Then you say GO FOR A PINT..MORE MONEY IN HIS POCKET.
FFS WITH IDEAS LIKE THIS WE ARE DOOMED.
ARE YOU THE HEAD i say the head of NUST by any chance?
(This post was last modified: 10th July 2019 04:20 PM by jack.)
10th July 2019 04:15 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(10th July 2019 02:55 PM)Surreymag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.We are just going round in fucking circles people will still go to the games at SJP. An empty stadium will not happen by all means boycott protest all you like I don’t think enough people will be on board. I was part of that 11 minute protest at the West Ham game. It was a waste of time. Only good thing was I missed their first goal. Most of the crowd were in their seats minority stayed out for first 11 minutes. It achieved fuck all,as soon as we started winning the ground was packed again. As stayed we don’t know who will be in charge yet or if any new players will be signed. Unless there is a mass boycott things will remain the same whether we like it or not.

So what is your point?
10th July 2019 04:45 PM
BIGFISH67 Offline

Youth Team

The point is that he already has your money , just because season ticket sales are alledgedly down by 10k (although im yet to see any hard facts to back this up ?) those with season tickets are not going to boycott in anyway shape or form - yes the odd few will but this will be more of a token jesture rather than any long term comitment. The only way left is then is to protest from within, they have to make their point from in the ground, banners dont work because the TV stations will see to that. TV cant mask silence without it being bloody obvious. I joking said have a pint (there has to be at least one reason for living) - its probably the only thing the FCB cant make huge margins on as the government make sure of that taking their cut first here we are talking pence per pint not pounds. As many of you have already pointed on there is not enough solidarity amongst the fan base for a boycott to work, we will still be moaning in a years time albeit in an a different division.
(This post was last modified: 10th July 2019 09:18 PM by BIGFISH67.)
10th July 2019 09:14 PM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

My point is quite clear without a mass boycott it won’t have much if any affect on the fat controller. Maybe it will happen this year but regardless of how you think people will still go to games. You can slag them off as much as you want that’s your choice but until the fans show solidarity it won’t change. It’s only my opinion I could be proved wrong time will tell.
11th July 2019 06:09 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Er yea, that's why there are calls for a boycott.

You don't half like to state the obvious.
(This post was last modified: 11th July 2019 06:14 AM by ToonArmy1892.)
11th July 2019 06:14 AM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

(11th July 2019 06:14 AM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Er yea, that's why there are calls for a boycott.

You don't half like to state the obvious.
Er yea and so do you just saying. Get over yourself man and stop being so condescending.
11th July 2019 06:25 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

Big Grin
11th July 2019 06:26 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

You can't show solidarity with fans who are still willing to go after the club have deliberately binned Benitez and are now scrambling around and being turned down by the likes of fat sam. Some will crack on like nothing is the matter, 'wey give the new man a chance like'

There is no hope for these people, they deserve Ashley and are exactly the people he is relying on.
(This post was last modified: 11th July 2019 06:48 AM by ToonArmy1892.)
11th July 2019 06:44 AM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

(11th July 2019 06:44 AM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.You can't show solidarity with fans who are still willing to go after the club have deliberately binned Benitez and are now scrambling around and being turned down by the likes of fat sam. Some will crack on like nothing is the matter, 'wey give the new man a chance like'

There is no hope for these people, they deserve Ashley and are exactly the people he is relying on.

I agree, but as I have said this is exactly what will happen you cannot force people to change even, if you disagree with their actions. Many will believe they are supporting the players and not Ashley by going to the matches, rightly or wrongly this will happen. Its human nature and everyone is entitled to their opinion. It will all end in tears again probably.
11th July 2019 08:51 AM
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite

With Relegation..
11th July 2019 11:41 AM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

(11th July 2019 11:41 AM)Figs Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.With Relegation..
Steve fucking Bruce as manager ffs!
11th July 2019 06:56 PM
Wally McFool Offline

Reserve Team

Time to start following the National League and National League North instead of Sports Direct United methinks
11th July 2019 07:14 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

To be honest I would start supporting Barnsley, because I knew someone who played for them..
Mccreery would no doubt start supporting Corby town FC, the Scottish twit
13th July 2019 07:04 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

What the fuck are you on about you gormless prick?
13th July 2019 07:40 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

Read Wally's post you fucking dopey Cunt
13th July 2019 07:46 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Shocked RE: Supporters groups calling for boycott

I did - so what the fuck are you going on about Corby and being Scottish you tedious fuckin bellend
13th July 2019 07:56 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

Oh excuse me..I wasn't aware you were so ashamed of your Scottish roots...understandable I suppose
13th July 2019 08:01 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

(13th July 2019 08:01 PM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Oh excuse me..I wasn't aware you were so ashamed of your Scottish roots...understandable I suppose

I'm not ashamed at all that my Dad is Scottish but I still hacvent got a fuckin clue what a team in Northampton has got to fuckin do with it?
13th July 2019 08:20 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
13th July 2019 08:21 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

Because Corby is a popular place to live for Scottish people, probably more jocks live there than anywhere else in england?....but you should know this ginger nut
13th July 2019 08:25 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

Get some help man
13th July 2019 08:27 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

Smile