#BOYCOTTARSENAL

#BOYCOTTARSENAL

ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite
RE: #BOYCOTTARSENAL

Just TAB trying to score points. It's a ridiculous argument and makes him look a bit silly, again.

He will be calling me a sanctimonious ball bag again in a minute for the 168th time.
13th August 2019 12:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
#BOYCOTTARSENAL

I'm just genuinely interested in the definition of 'hypocritical' because I didn't go to the protest either and I definitely don't see myself as a hypocrite in this situation
13th August 2019 12:44 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

He could have been busy shoving by the pond.
13th August 2019 02:43 PM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman
#BOYCOTTARSENAL

If you need the definition explaining to you, can you really deny you are ?
13th August 2019 02:43 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
#BOYCOTTARSENAL

I don't need the definition explaining to me - I need your definition explaining to me

all that has happened here is that YOU have defined that protest as 'THE' protest

If he was bleating on about boycotting the games and then went to the games THAT would be hypocritrical - by boycotting the games and not attending a protest that only you have put a level of importance on is not hypocritical in the slightest but you just can't see it
13th August 2019 02:51 PM

Chairman

(13th August 2019 12:40 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He will be calling me a sanctimonious ball bag again in a minute for the 168th time.

Would you rather I called you names that you didn't have to google ?

(13th August 2019 02:51 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I don't need the definition explaining to me - I need your definition explaining to me.

If he was bleating on about boycotting the games and then went to the games THAT would be hypocritrical - by boycotting the games and not attending a protest that only you have put a level of importance on is not hypocritical in the slightest but you just can't see it

You have the wrong end of the stick. Which, to be fair, is understandable as the dichotmous rigidity in the way that you think about things, especially things you are passionate about, makes it tricky for you to see it any other way.

The hypocrisy is in the criticism of those not doing what he deems they should. Demanding that people do everything and anything to get rid of Mike, and in this regard non-attendance qualifies, disregarding those that to not comply with the trite demands, freely admitting that he didn't do everything (or anything other than smash his moisturised hands against a keyboard), purporting to be a true fan and dismissing all others as not-real fans on the grounds that they don't share his stance, being spring-coiled to criticise anyone that attended, being religiously outspoken but then all-too-passive when it comes to actually protesting, being a big fucking man calling out fans who were fans when his Dad was a nipper but then hiding behind YOUR fucking skirt when it comes to standing up for himself in this thread, all reek of hypocrisy of the highest order. If you can't see that then that's probably because you don't want to.

#ThePeople'sFrontOfJudea
13th August 2019 03:14 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
#BOYCOTTARSENAL

I need to digest that fucker - very interesting reply though cheers
13th August 2019 03:18 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Never mind me googling words TAB, you need to google "hypocrite", and "irony" while you're at it.
13th August 2019 03:22 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
#BOYCOTTARSENAL

My view is quite simplistic....

Keegan & Benitez saying don't give up on your club, while both fuck off into the night..

Hypocritical...
13th August 2019 03:28 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

I'm buggered if I'm reading all that, can yous not just have a duel ?
13th August 2019 03:48 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

i'm a hypocrite and proud of it
13th August 2019 05:02 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Everyone is to some degree, apart from TAB like.
13th August 2019 05:08 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

....and jesus
13th August 2019 05:26 PM
franzeseNufc Offline

First Team Starter
#BOYCOTTARSENAL

[Image: Geoff-Boycott_1860862.jpg?20090205123143]
13th August 2019 05:42 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

(13th August 2019 03:14 PM)Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(13th August 2019 12:40 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He will be calling me a sanctimonious ball bag again in a minute for the 168th time.

Would you rather I called you names that you didn't have to google ?

(13th August 2019 02:51 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I don't need the definition explaining to me - I need your definition explaining to me.

You have the wrong end of the stick. Which, to be fair, is understandable as the dichotmous rigidity in the way that you think about things, especially things you are passionate about, makes it tricky for you to see it any other way.

The hypocrisy is in the criticism of those not doing what he deems they should. Demanding that people do everything and anything to get rid of Mike, and in this regard non-attendance qualifies, disregarding those that to not comply with the trite demands, freely admitting that he didn't do everything (or anything other than smash his moisturised hands against a keyboard), purporting to be a true fan and dismissing all others as not-real fans on the grounds that they don't share his stance, being spring-coiled to criticise anyone that attended, being religiously outspoken but then all-too-passive when it comes to actually protesting, being a big fucking man calling out fans who were fans when his Dad was a nipper but then hiding behind YOUR fucking skirt when it comes to standing up for himself in this thread, all reek of hypocrisy of the highest order. If you can't see that then that's probably because you don't want to.

#ThePeople'sFrontOfJudea

I'm still trying to digest this - I may be some time
14th August 2019 09:04 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Try gaviscon.
(This post was last modified: 14th August 2019 09:26 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
14th August 2019 09:25 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
#BOYCOTTARSENAL

The notion that the protest to encourage people to boycott need not be attended by people who are already boycotting is a mad fucking paradox is it not? Shouldn't the boycotters be out in force trying to convince the attendees otherwise? So yes someone sitting there telling fans to boycott matches without actually attending active protests does seem a little hypocritical don't you think?

You've taken your stance and others have taken theirs. You're never going to stop people going to games. For many people it's almost in their DNA. For many who are net savvy and read the anti-Ashley stuff there are still loads of people oblivious who turn up to the games because it is what they do.

I'm not convinced that boycotting is the answer, nor is relegation to the Championship as that league still sells pretty well around the world. It's not so lucrative but it may be more lucrative for Newcastle than, say, Newcastle in the Premier League is.
14th August 2019 10:44 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

No - I don't see the hypocrisy in boycotting and not going to that particular protest at all

Let's be clear here - the protest on Sunday before the match is what people are being judged on. If you are a boycotter but didn't protest outside SD on Sunday you are being hypocritical - If you are boycotting and protested outside SD on Sunday you are sound as a pound

That is utter bullshit

I protest on here and various other social media platforms and when encouraged to do so I try and put forward logical arguments to back up my stance - I guarantee that my protestations have reached more people worldwide than a few hundred shouting outside of a shop on Sunday

I have also done past protest marches and been to meetings

The suggestion that I am being hypocritical for not attending every possible protest is as I say - utter fucking bullshit
14th August 2019 11:01 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

whoa...someones on the rags Rolleyes
15th August 2019 08:52 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
#BOYCOTTARSENAL

original
15th August 2019 09:03 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

hypocrite Tongue
15th August 2019 09:05 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
#BOYCOTTARSENAL

sshhhhhh
15th August 2019 09:26 AM

Chairman

I'm staggered that the basic notion of hypocrisy isn't well grasped on here. Hypocrisy is a paradox between TWO things.

(14th August 2019 11:01 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.No - I don't see the hypocrisy in boycotting and not going to that particular protest at all.

You're absolutely right. Because there isn't one. That's because, in isolation, one thing can't be hypocritical. You've omitted the second, crucial factor (the one that renders it hypocritical).

(14th August 2019 11:01 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Let's be clear here - the protest on Sunday before the match is what people are being judged on. If you are a boycotter but didn't protest outside SD on Sunday you are being hypocritical - If you are boycotting and protested outside SD on Sunday you are sound as a pound

That is utter bullshit

Yes it is utter bullshit. Because you just made that up. To start the paragraph with 'let's be clear here' and then to get it completely wrong was pretty remarkable stuff.

I'm not typing all that shit out again so I'll refer you to my previous post where I explained it as best I can. If it's still not being understood, then there's fuck all I can do about it now.

Either way, he's a hypocrite and a fucking cretin. For different reasons.
15th August 2019 03:14 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
#BOYCOTTARSENAL

My last reply was aimed directly at Lipsquid who suggests boycotting but not protesting is hypocritical

Which is utter bullshit

Explain to me where I've got that wrong without being too condescending
15th August 2019 03:39 PM

Chairman
#BOYCOTTARSENAL

Nope. I can't be bothered to spend time explaining rudimentary things to you, Mac.

I said he was a fucking hypcrite. You took issue with that. I tried explaining my stance. It didn't get through.
15th August 2019 03:56 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
#BOYCOTTARSENAL

I haven't really got a problem with you calling TA a hypocrite - I was more interested to understand if I fell into the same category

I was genuinely interested in your reply and I don't mind admitting I struggled to fully understand it

I'm really just trying to determine if boycotting without protesting is hypocritical as Lips suggested (and what I thought you were getting at until your reply)

(This post was last modified: 15th August 2019 04:38 PM by McCreery.)
15th August 2019 04:36 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(15th August 2019 03:39 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.without being too condescending

Good luck with that.
15th August 2019 05:46 PM

Chairman

(15th August 2019 05:46 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(15th August 2019 03:39 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.without being too condescending

Good luck with that.

Condescending means to talk down to someone, in case you had to google it. You can google irony while you're on.
15th August 2019 06:53 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

See what i mean.
15th August 2019 06:59 PM

Chairman
#BOYCOTTARSENAL

Whoosh