Kyle Scott and Jake Turner

omenator Offline

Owner

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Newcastle United have completed the signings of midfielder Kyle Scott and goalkeeper Jake Turner.

Scott, who has been capped by England, the Republic of Ireland and the United States at youth level, joins the Magpies after spending 12 years at Chelsea.

The 21-year-old made his first team debut for the Blues in an FA Cup tie against Hull City in February 2018, before spending last term on loan at Dutch side Telstar where he made 14 appearances, scoring twice.

Former Bolton Wanderers stopper Turner, meanwhile, has played for England at under-18 and under-19 level, and links up with United after a number of loan spells away from the University of Bolton Stadium.

Turner, 20, spent time on loan at Stalybridge Celtic and Darlington last season, and was also named on the Trotters’ bench in the Championship on the last day of the 2018/19 campaign.

“It’s excellent for me, and I can’t wait to get started,” said Turner. “Stepping up to a Premier League club is massive. We’ll see where I progress – playing in the Premier League is a dream – so we’ll see what happens.

“It’s a massive club, and I can’t wait to get going here.”

Scott added: “I’m really excited. Newcastle is a massive club with massive history, but for young kids there is an opportunity – you see that with (Sean) Longstaff and what he did last year, and it’s a good opportunity for me.

“Newcastle are in the Premier League, and a massive club. You look at the kind of players that have come through here and how much opportunity they have got, and I feel like at this place they do give it as long as you’re working hard and playing well.”

Both Scott and Turner could make their debuts for Newcastle in the Magpies' under-23s' pre-season friendly at Rotherham United on Monday afternoon (2pm kick-off).
29th July 2019 11:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
RE: Kyle Scott and Jake Turner

(29th July 2019 11:49 AM)omenator Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Newcastle United have completed the signings of midfielder Kyle Scott and goalkeeper Jake Turner.

Scott, who has been capped by England, the Republic of Ireland and the United States at youth level, joins the Magpies after spending 12 years at Chelsea.

The 21-year-old made his first team debut for the Blues in an FA Cup tie against Hull City in February 2018, before spending last term on loan at Dutch side Telstar where he made 14 appearances, scoring twice.

Former Bolton Wanderers stopper Turner, meanwhile, has played for England at under-18 and under-19 level, and links up with United after a number of loan spells away from the University of Bolton Stadium.

Turner, 20, spent time on loan at Stalybridge Celtic and Darlington last season, and was also named on the Trotters’ bench in the Championship on the last day of the 2018/19 campaign.

“It’s excellent for me, and I can’t wait to get started,” said Turner. “Stepping up to a Premier League club is massive. We’ll see where I progress – playing in the Premier League is a dream – so we’ll see what happens.

“It’s a massive club, and I can’t wait to get going here.”

Scott added: “I’m really excited. Newcastle is a massive club with massive history, but for young kids there is an opportunity – you see that with (Sean) Longstaff and what he did last year, and it’s a good opportunity for me.

“Newcastle are in the Premier League, and a massive club. You look at the kind of players that have come through here and how much opportunity they have got, and I feel like at this place they do give it as long as you’re working hard and playing well.”

Both Scott and Turner could make their debuts for Newcastle in the Magpies' under-23s' pre-season friendly at Rotherham United on Monday afternoon (2pm kick-off).

Err.... Andy Carroll, Sean Longstaff and Steven Taylor are the only regulars to come through in the last 20 years that I can think of Confused
29th July 2019 11:54 AM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

And Shola.
29th July 2019 12:54 PM
omenator Offline

Owner

And Sammy
29th July 2019 01:01 PM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

(29th July 2019 12:54 PM)lipsquid Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.And Shola.

He said regular.
29th July 2019 01:16 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

(29th July 2019 01:16 PM)guff Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(29th July 2019 12:54 PM)lipsquid Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.And Shola.

He said regular.

Painfully, he was.
29th July 2019 01:28 PM
omenator Offline

Owner

(29th July 2019 01:28 PM)huntface Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(29th July 2019 01:16 PM)guff Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

He said regular.

Painfully, he was.

our second highest goalscorer in Europe GeordieScarf
29th July 2019 02:00 PM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

(29th July 2019 02:00 PM)omenator Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(29th July 2019 01:28 PM)huntface Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

He said regular.

Painfully, he was.

our second highest goalscorer in Europe GeordieScarf
I blame syrup of Figs.
29th July 2019 02:31 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

we're stowed off with keepers Rolleyes
29th July 2019 02:59 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

(29th July 2019 02:59 PM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.we're stowed off with keepers Rolleyes

Probably means one is leaving. Confused
29th July 2019 03:10 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

mrblobby hopefully, i like darlow
29th July 2019 03:12 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

Those 2 signings should get the place buzzing
30th July 2019 07:44 AM
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite

hopefully that New Lad from Chelsea would keep That Ginger oot the Team..
30th July 2019 11:15 AM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

my dead cat would keep him out of the team
30th July 2019 11:40 AM
Kestrel 9 Offline

Youth Team

Yes....these two new signings should seel the rest of the season tickets...

(30th July 2019 12:40 PM)Kestrel 9 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Yes....these two new signings should sell the rest of the season tickets...
(This post was last modified: 30th July 2019 12:41 PM by Kestrel 9.)
30th July 2019 12:40 PM