Help with a couple of 90's friendly games?!

pancho_nufc Offline

Youth Team

Evening everyone.

Recently I've been using the Groundhopper app and attempting to fill in the gaps of all the games I've been to over the years (not an easy task as I've never bothered keeping hold of programmes!)

I have a couple of vague memories from the mid-90's of grounds that I've been to to watch NUFC, both in friendlies, but can't find any details of the history of these fixtures online.

This is a bit of a long shot, but I was wondering whether anyone on here might be able to help me out with details (dates, final scores etc) of the following games. As I say my memory is only vague as I was only about 9 or 10!

Whitby Town (away) pre-season friendly, can't remember what year, all I know is that Jeff Winter was the referee as my Dad hated him!

Ipswich Town (away) another 90's pre-season friendly, played at Kings Lynn's ground, The Walks. I believe this was probably a reserve warm up game, but again, details are sketchy.

If anyone was there, or can shed any more light on either of these it would be much appreciated. If only to convince myself I didn't just dream any of this! Big Grin

Cheers!
3rd October 2019 06:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter
RE: Help with a couple of 90's friendly games?!

I can't help with your request, but I can tell you that Steve Bruce is a fat heeded useless Wallop, Mike Ashley is a disease and I hope he dies soon.
3rd October 2019 07:08 PM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team

Going to the game on Sunday Liam?
4th October 2019 10:01 AM
DevonMag Offline

First Team Starter

Nufc.com has a pretty comprehensive archive. The frendlies I went to in the early eighties are all listed there!
4th October 2019 10:23 AM
pancho_nufc Offline

Youth Team

(4th October 2019 10:23 AM)DevonMag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Nufc.com has a pretty comprehensive archive. The frendlies I went to in the early eighties are all listed there!

Thanks for your response. Irritatingly it seems seasons 92-93 onwards, up until 05-06 season all seem to be bad links! Bugger.
4th October 2019 10:40 AM
DevonMag Offline

First Team Starter

Just went through all fixtures for 1990's

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Neither Whitby nor Ipswich wire listed.
4th October 2019 12:47 PM
pancho_nufc Offline

Youth Team

(4th October 2019 12:47 PM)DevonMag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Just went through all fixtures for 1990's

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Neither Whitby nor Ipswich wire listed.

Nightmare! Thanks for your time, sorry to waste it haha.
4th October 2019 12:49 PM
LALASAM Offline

First Team Starter

Try this link on Amazon or contact the author. There are a few books written about the history of the club and their authors may be able to help you.

Newcastle United On This Day: History, Facts & Figures from Every Day of the Year Hardcover – Illustrated, 1 Oct 2012
7th October 2019 11:01 AM