Should Joelinton be dropped?

WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

Luke edwards suggesting he could be left out v wet spam....i think its for the best, along with almiron, it's never easy when you're not scoring goals, the £40m price tag gets heavier blah blah,

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(This post was last modified: 29th October 2019 08:13 PM by WilloTheWimp.)
29th October 2019 09:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite
RE: Should Joelinton be dropped?

He is being played as a target man striker, which he isn't.

That's Bruce for ya.
29th October 2019 09:16 AM
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite

Get him in the 2nd team to get in the act of scoring goals..
29th October 2019 10:17 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

no idea why he is getting the stick he is at the minute

It's not like he is missing sitter after sitter - he just isn't getting any service

Almiron and St Maximum have to do their part but there is no real reason why as a front 3 they shouldn't do ok

Lascelles strolled through the box totally unmarked for his goal - Joelinton would never be afforded that much space so there is no point in making comparisons (like I have read elsewhere)

Its early days for Joelinton but Almiron has to start making more of a direct contribution
29th October 2019 10:58 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(29th October 2019 10:58 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.no idea why he is getting the stick he is at the minute

It's not like he is missing sitter after sitter - he just isn't getting any service

Almiron and St Maximum have to do their part but there is no real reason why as a front 3 they shouldn't do ok

Lascelles strolled through the box totally unmarked for his goal - Joelinton would never be afforded that much space so there is no point in making comparisons (like I have read elsewhere)

Its early days for Joelinton but Almiron has to start making more of a direct contribution

because strikers are judged purely on goals, 1 in 10 is not good enough for a £40m player...............yes he would argue that the chances are not being created, but even at hoffenheim he only averaged 2 in 10
29th October 2019 02:03 PM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

So who will play up front not that many to choose from Gayle or Muto I guess. No harm in trying something different I guess don’t think it will improve our goal scoring ability having said this.
29th October 2019 06:08 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

It's a tricky one,.... Gayle's not match fit, Carroll's injured (for a change), and muto's shit.
29th October 2019 06:44 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

(29th October 2019 02:03 PM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(29th October 2019 10:58 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.no idea why he is getting the stick he is at the minute

because strikers are judged purely on goals, 1 in 10 is not good enough for a £40m player...............yes he would argue that the chances are not being created, but even at hoffenheim he only averaged 2 in 10

Aye but I clarified why (in my opinion) it's fucking ridiculous to judge him purely on goals scored
(This post was last modified: 29th October 2019 08:20 PM by McCreery.)
29th October 2019 08:19 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

Yeah I mostly agreed with your post, am just saying the reason why others would criticise him,....". Young player signed for big money doesn't cut the mustard", but unfortunately that's how it is these days, the higher the fee the higher the expectancy, and if you don't stick the ball in the net you feel yourself that you're letting your team-mates down because they're doing their jobs but you're not doing yours.... However there will be no sympathy for him feeling sorry for himself, he needs to just keep working hard and stay positive.
29th October 2019 08:57 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Its how it has always been to be fair, and should be really.

Same goes with absolutely anything in life that costs money.

His confidence is shot, the system totally doesnt suit him and he now looks like a bit of a donkey. I have no doubt there is a player in there, but he is not a target man, he doesnt even make a proper challenge in the air half the time.

The fee we reportedly paid is ridiculous and doesnt stack up at all with normal behaviour.
30th October 2019 12:42 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

Its much worse these days sal...clubs havent always paid £100m for one player, even allowing for inflation 20 years ago £15m seemed extortionate, what we paid for shearer is peanuts these days, wouldnt say he's a donkey but as i said he does appear to be feeling sorry for himself, the only way he will get some confidence is working harder, even when not scoring goals he shud still be putting a shift in.
30th October 2019 02:04 PM