shelvey and ritchie

both signed new three year deals today
6th March 2020 10:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter
RE: shelvey and ritchie

Shelvey said: "It feels like a home.

"The people here, ever since I came to the club, have made me feel so welcome.

"I've had some good times and some bad times here, but it's mainly good and it's just an enjoyable place to come in and work, and the city in general has been really good for me."

Ritchie said: "Since I came to the club, it's been a successful period and one that I want to continue being involved in.

"Hopefully I can be part of the future.
"When you sign at a club, you want to go there and make an impact and if you can be part of that club moving forward for a long time, it's something that is nice.

"I moved around in my younger years on loan but to come somewhere and get settled and be part of the progress of the football club is great."

Must confess never been shelveys' biggest fan, very temperamental, petulant, unprofessional, moody, inconsistent...apart from that he's not bad.

ritchie on the other hand is my type of player, consistently hard grafter, always ready for a battle, his passion for the shirt is fairly unique for a non-geordie, always enjoyed him kicking the fuck out of corner flags, and his angry reactions to being subbed.....30 year old now so knocking on a bit, but glad he's commited his future to the club.
(This post was last modified: 6th March 2020 11:08 AM by WilloTheWimp.)
6th March 2020 11:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply