If we are taken over..

If we are taken over..

Mbiwa89 Offline

Youth Team
If we are taken over..

I don’t know about you lads. But I don’t want us to go stupid straight away like city did with Robinho and have a load of losers playing for the club on massive wages.

I’d rather get Poch or Benitez in. And build it up gradually over 3-5 years. We’ve waited 50 years for a trophy and is prefer we built up to it and do it right.
1st May 2020 11:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite
RE: If we are taken over..

Why would anyone want to wait for success rather than have instant success?
1st May 2020 12:36 PM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team

What a dilema to be in!
(This post was last modified: 1st May 2020 02:34 PM by t00nraider.)
1st May 2020 12:42 PM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite

(1st May 2020 12:42 PM)t00nraider Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.What a dilema to be in!

That's some edit there like...

I can't remember what other shit you had written but you finished the sentence with "THERE IS NO TAKEOVER"

fuck back off to RTG you boring little bellend
1st May 2020 03:28 PM
franzeseNufc Offline

First Team Starter
If we are taken over..

I saw that too Mac.
1st May 2020 03:40 PM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

He said it on TA1892's 'This time' thread as well. Shame nobody quoted it.Rolleyes
1st May 2020 04:26 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

(1st May 2020 12:42 PM)t00nraider Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.What a dilema to be in!

zzzzzzz
1st May 2020 04:35 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

Bollocks

I want Gardiola Messi pogba cavani, the lot

Unbeaten all season and passport ready

Anything else will be a let down
1st May 2020 04:42 PM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

I agree with Mbiwa to a certain extent. We need a decent manager and good signings, players that will put in a shift and didn't just come for high wages i.e. Robinho. I don't think we'll get instant success regardless, FFP rules will prevent that anyway, and higher revenue streams will take time, so I expect a few good signings, a lot of improvements, but no notable success for the next few seasons.
That's if this takeover goes ahead, the longer its going, the more I feel like we're going to get fucked over. Hate the way that Newcastle are being expected to take the morale high ground regarding the Saudis, but it's fine for them to invest in the UK elsewhere, visit the queen etc, and for the UK to supply them with weaponry.
1st May 2020 10:29 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Players will be coming because of the high wages offered, we are going to be the next Chelsea/ Man City, but far wealthier.

Fuck building the club over a few seasons, we've had 13 years of a bloke killing it, the sooner we are competing at the top again the better.

Yes i know it will take a few seasons to get to the top regardless, because of the shit squad and training facilities we have thanks to Ashley, but the sooner we get there the better surely?
(This post was last modified: 2nd May 2020 01:42 AM by ToonArmy1892.)
2nd May 2020 01:30 AM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

We can't spend mega money straight away because of Fifa fair play rules. I'm not sure of the sum we're allowed, but the one thing we might have to thank Ashley for is being a tight cunt, as his balancing of the books (robbing us blind) has accrued some leg room to spend bigger.
2nd May 2020 07:22 AM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

Don't forget he also failed to keep our advertising revenue high by giving it to his own company . That and not having people to sell the advertising means we don't have the revenue at the moment which will stymie our ability to spend

Give it a year when we have far higher revenues and the players will be here
(This post was last modified: 2nd May 2020 08:25 AM by tino.)
2nd May 2020 08:24 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

I agree we don't need a bunch of mercenaries, although we all know that the best players in the world will all inevitably be driven by money, I don't want us to be held to ransom by greedy agents who will hike up the fees because we're the richest club in the world.............however we need to start scoring goals so griezmann, icardi and mbappe should be signed straight away.
2nd May 2020 10:59 AM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
If we are taken over..

On the revenue front, I hope the merchandising comes back to the club rather than being a subsidiary of Sports Direct. That's the kind of snakey deal he'd try and pull that he keeps that for 5 years or so.
2nd May 2020 01:25 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

Well rangers have yet got rid of him and sports direct
2nd May 2020 06:41 PM
Mbiwa89 Offline

Youth Team

(1st May 2020 12:36 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Why would anyone want to wait for success rather than have instant success?

There’s no such thing as instant success. In normal circumstances it takes time.

I’d rather we got our shit together with training facilities manager. Setup stadium. Etc etc and buy top players are we go. Not sign a load of mercenaries at the start.

But yes it’s a good dilemma to have.
3rd May 2020 01:49 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(3rd May 2020 01:49 PM)Mbiwa89 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(1st May 2020 12:36 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Why would anyone want to wait for success rather than have instant success?

There’s no such thing as instant success. In normal circumstances it takes time.

I’d rather we got our shit together with training facilities manager. Setup stadium. Etc etc and buy top players are we go. Not sign a load of mercenaries at the start.

But yes it’s a good dilemma to have.

Yea i want them to sort the training ground out and stuff aswell, i'd also like to win something sooner rather than later though that's all.
3rd May 2020 04:52 PM
Mbiwa89 Offline

Youth Team

City and Chelsea both wasted obscene amounts of money before FFP came in.

Crespo Mutu Duff Shevchenko there is probably loads more. City were worse Bony £20m Santa Cruz £25m. Adebayor £30m Robinho £30m Elano Bellamy £20m even random strikers I can’t even remember for £20m +

With FFP you can’t afford those mistakes now. I’d rather we bought 2-3 top players a year and built it up gradually. That’s how a real team is built.

But even as I’m typing this I’m sceptical about this takeover completing.
4th May 2020 11:37 AM