sensible spending

sensible spending

WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter
sensible spending

from the independent..

"Those involved are keen to play down the expectations of fans. Comparisons with Chelsea and Manchester City – two clubs who were transformed by massively wealthy owners – are misleading."

“Even if the environment was the same as when Roman Abramovich bought Chelsea in 2003 or Abu Dhabi went into City five years later, things would still be done differently. This takeover is based on strict investment criteria. Even if there were no financial fair play (FFP) rules in place spending would be sensible.”

that's fine by me providing there's ambition to improve and compete which there never has been with mike ashley, i don't think there's any need to play down our expectations, the buzz for me is simply the thought of getting shot of the fat cunt, after that we just pretty much hope for the best, ashley has successfully rendered the club stagnant although some fans will point you in the direction of the scruffy twits down the road as a perfect example of what could have heppened to our club without mikes cautious approach to spending......fair do's he hasn't taken us backwards as such, but in his 13 years he's made no serious attempt to take us forward either, we only hope this lot will do that.
11th June 2020 12:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Budapest 69 Offline

Youth Team
RE: sensible spending

I think most toon fan would 6th or 8th finish
As for fetching in your bales and coutinho's
E.t.c. just cast your mind back to owen
11th June 2020 01:15 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
sensible spending

Yes its about management. I heard yesterday that Spurs is now the UK's most valuable club. When Ashley took over, our commercial income was the same as Spurs.
11th June 2020 02:50 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
sensible spending

Plough a fortune into infrastructure & youth (allowable for FFP) and have a competitive first team budget. Stick a quality manager in with an experienced backroom and thats fucking marvellous in my opinion.

Engage with the fans and the community for a flourish.

Just look at Leicester - Their fans must be over the moon, even without winning the league.
11th June 2020 02:50 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
sensible spending

They did win the league?

Anyway, that's it really - the club trying to be the best that it can be rather than treading water.
11th June 2020 02:52 PM