That banner

That banner

Budapest 69 Offline

Youth Team
That banner

The banner that was being towed by the plane.
Why would you but burnley at the end?..
Think some one trying to stir the shit
Blackburn fans perhaps
23rd June 2020 06:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
That banner

The folk that took the booking are as much a disgrace as whomever made the booking.
23rd June 2020 08:29 AM
guff Offline

First Team Regular
RE: That banner

Yep and it looks like they've earned themselves a police investigation.

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
23rd June 2020 09:45 AM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

(23rd June 2020 08:29 AM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.The folk that took the booking are as much a disgrace as whomever made the booking.

And the pilot
23rd June 2020 09:52 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
That banner

this is where and hold my hands up and say I just don't understand.....

I get that this banner misses the 'black lives matter' message/movement but is it racist ???
23rd June 2020 10:31 AM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
That banner

I do find it strange that the Premier League, as a company the epitome of capitalism, is endorsing an anti capitalist movement.

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
23rd June 2020 11:23 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(23rd June 2020 10:31 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.this is where and hold my hands up and say I just don't understand.....

I get that this banner misses the 'black lives matter' message/movement but is it racist ???

Am not sure if the intent was racist or not, but the act of sending it up there is clearly an attempt to undermine the message of Black Lives Matter.

What could any motive be behind doing that, other than disagreeing that as things are, black folks living in our society are not afforded the same respect, dignity and opportunity that white folks are.
23rd June 2020 11:35 AM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

I’m sick to fuckin death of hearing about it all if I’m honest and after the way Anthony Joshua went on I hope Tyson Fury chins him.
23rd June 2020 08:15 PM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

I've heard loads of people say "do white lives not fucking matter like" then I've tried to explain that it's not saying only black lives matter, it's more so saying black lives matter aswell, then one of them proceeded to state that he's not racist, but...... blah blah blah, then he shows me some videos trying to explain how the black peoples deaths are proportional to the crime being committed by any race, then I tried to explain that theres probably more black crime because they are forced into it as they don't get the same opportunities as a lot of white families growing up, to which he started with using the N word every other word and the conversation ended there. Anyway, I went off topic, I don't think its racist to say White Lives Matter, ofcourse they do, most lives matter, but displaying the banner on the plane was meant to provoke in my opinion. George Floyd was definitely no saint, but he didn't deserve to die the way he did. I agree with the protesters, but they are being overshadowed and the message is being lost by a lot of people who are there simply to be aggressive, cause trouble and loot etc.
(This post was last modified: 23rd June 2020 11:15 PM by Dean20m.)
23rd June 2020 11:14 PM
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite
That banner

They only loot due to wanting a new 65in tvs.
24th June 2020 07:29 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
That banner

I think the only question that needs answering is - Would you (assuming you are a white guy) want you or better still, your children, to be treat the same as black adults and kids currently are in western society?

If the answer is no, that basically confirms the issue.

Anyways this is a footy forum.

Bring in the international murdering, bigoted backward racist rich mother fuckers and let the good times role.
24th June 2020 08:17 AM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

(24th June 2020 08:17 AM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I think the only question that needs answering is - Would you (assuming you are a white guy) want you or better still, your children, to be treat the same as black adults and kids currently are in western society?

If the answer is no, that basically confirms the issue.

Anyways this is a footy forum.

Bring in the international murdering, bigoted backward racist rich mother fuckers and let the good times role.

HALLELUJAH !!!!
24th June 2020 08:30 AM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team

He's a Burnley fan who is friends with Tommy Robinson. No criminal offence deemed to have been taken place.
24th June 2020 10:56 AM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

(24th June 2020 10:56 AM)t00nraider Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He's a Burnley fan who is friends with Tommy Robinson. No criminal offence deemed to have been taken place.

It's not an offence no, just bad taste
24th June 2020 11:53 AM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

Ted Cantle wrote a report after last summers riots in Burnley, Oldham and Bradford that for the first time identified the white working class as an oppressed minority. "
24th June 2020 12:08 PM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

There are plenty of families in this country struggling both back and white ones. I do realise that the banner was done in bad taste however.
24th June 2020 12:34 PM
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite
That banner

Wish i made one to fly ower Shola hoose.. Saying something else lol
24th June 2020 01:09 PM
JTH Offline

First Team Starter

Dyslexic lives Mattress
24th June 2020 07:56 PM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team

It was just bannerter.

I'll get my coat.
24th June 2020 08:55 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

(24th June 2020 12:34 PM)Surreymag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.There are plenty of families in this country struggling both back and white ones. I do realise that the banner was done in bad taste however.

not if your from burnley though re my post above...all working class lives matter ..oh and by the way jeremy corbyn hasn't taken the knee......send the buggers back......
(This post was last modified: 25th June 2020 12:46 AM by carters.)
24th June 2020 10:11 PM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

(24th June 2020 07:56 PM)JTH Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Dyslexic lives Mattress

Thank Dog someone included us, people need to SOTP making fun of dyslexics.
25th June 2020 10:35 AM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

(25th June 2020 10:35 AM)Dean20m Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(24th June 2020 07:56 PM)JTH Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Dyslexic lives Mattress

Thank Dog someone included us, people need to SOTP making fun of dyslexics.

Yes. Dyslexics are teople poo.
25th June 2020 10:53 AM
ColoradoMagpie Offline

Reserve Team

(23rd June 2020 10:31 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.this is where and hold my hands up and say I just don't understand.....

At best, willfully ignorant. At worst, absolutely racist. Anyone responding to “Black Loves Matter” with White Lives or All Lives simply can’t be bothered to think/read about the issue or is simply, flat out, a racist. Too much has been written. The issue has been explained too many times for anyone to still “just be wondering.” But, one last time....

Attached File(s) Image(s)

25th June 2020 02:30 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

25th June 2020 03:51 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

(25th June 2020 02:30 PM)ColoradoMagpie Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

At best, willfully ignorant. At worst, absolutely racist. Anyone responding to “Black Loves Matter” with White Lives or All Lives simply can’t be bothered to think/read about the issue or is simply, flat out, a racist. Too much has been written. The issue has been explained too many times for anyone to still “just be wondering.” But, one last time....

The lad responsible has been sacked from his job on racist grounds but faces no criminal charges - that doesn't help my understanding of the situation at all

If an advertising company had been tasked with coming up with a slogan to highlight the plight of black people around the world, I reckon they couldn't have come up with a worse one than 'black lives matter' - from what I have seen it is being taken as divisive and seems to have polarised peoples opinions
25th June 2020 04:51 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

Yeah
25th June 2020 04:52 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

I agree with mac unfortunately..
25th June 2020 05:19 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

(25th June 2020 04:51 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(25th June 2020 02:30 PM)ColoradoMagpie Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

The lad responsible has been sacked from his job on racist grounds but faces no criminal charges - that doesn't help my understanding of the situation at all

If an advertising company had been tasked with coming up with a slogan to highlight the plight of black people around the world, I reckon they couldn't have come up with a worse one than 'black lives matter' - from what I have seen it is being taken as divisive and seems to have polarised peoples opinions

Sacked on racist grounds ? I wonder if he'll contest it and go to a tribunal, that's if he's entitled to.

I'm staggered the lad has been sacked for that, yet the country voted heavily for Boris as PM.
(This post was last modified: 25th June 2020 05:35 PM by liam1708.)
25th June 2020 05:30 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
That banner

25th June 2020 05:55 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

Try reading

Nigga at Eton

Three years after obtaining his school-leaving certificate from Eton College in the UK in 1969, Dillibe Onyeama received an official letter informing him that he was banned from visiting the prestigious school.

He had written a book which caused a furore in the UK and offence to the school that has educated generations of British royalty and statesmen.

Published in 1972 when he was 21, the book detailed Onyeama's experiences of racism during his four years at the boarding school for boys.

"As far as the school saw it, I was indicting them as a racist institution," Onyeama told me.

"People come to Africa and write all sorts of indicting and shaming experiences and publish it in books and nobody says anything," he added.

Onyeama was taunted on a daily basis at Eton by fellow students: "Why are you black?" "How many maggots are there in your hair?" "Does your mother wear a bone in her nose?"

He usually responded with his fist and once broke his hand punching another boy's jaw.

"I gained a reputation for violence," he said.

When Onyeama performed poorly in academics or excelled in sports, the students attributed it to his race.

When he obtained seven O-level passes, the entire school was confounded.

"'Tell me Onyeama, how did you do it?' I am asked time and time again," he wrote in the book. "'You cheated, didn't you?'"

That's at what's supposed to be the best school in England, educating the elite
25th June 2020 09:19 PM