First Team Starter
RE: That banner

Just playground banter.
25th June 2020 09:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LALASAM Offline

First Team Starter

Only person I would ever have taken the knee for was Debbie Harry.

Unless she was gonna give me a nosh.

Then I would have stood.
25th June 2020 09:54 PM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

(25th June 2020 04:51 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(25th June 2020 02:30 PM)ColoradoMagpie Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(23rd June 2020 10:31 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.this is where and hold my hands up and say I just don't understand.....

I get that this banner misses the 'black lives matter' message/movement but is it racist ???

At best, willfully ignorant. At worst, absolutely racist. Anyone responding to “Black Loves Matter” with White Lives or All Lives simply can’t be bothered to think/read about the issue or is simply, flat out, a racist. Too much has been written. The issue has been explained too many times for anyone to still “just be wondering.” But, one last time....

The lad responsible has been sacked from his job on racist grounds but faces no criminal charges - that doesn't help my understanding of the situation at all

If an advertising company had been tasked with coming up with a slogan to highlight the plight of black people around the world, I reckon they couldn't have come up with a worse one than 'black lives matter' - from what I have seen it is being taken as divisive and seems to have polarised peoples opinions

Sacked for bringing the company he worked for into disrepute I believe.
26th June 2020 07:22 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

It's all Bollocks... remember that lad who got sacked by Sky for hoying a milkshake owa that fascist cunt... remind what Jamie Carragher done and he kept his job with Sky... the world is full of cunts and that lads employers are cunts, sacking him to make themselves out holier than thou.
26th June 2020 07:30 PM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team
That banner

They didn't really have much choice but to sack him. They would have got a lot of bad publicity which they could not afford. If someone's stupid enough to do something like that, they deserve little pitty. Anyone with half a brain cell would know it wouldn't be worth it.
27th June 2020 02:15 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

This govt love this, the divisiveness of it all

Argue about this when you forget they killed 30000 with austerity and now 60000 with inaction and buffoonery over covid19
27th June 2020 06:12 PM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

(27th June 2020 06:12 PM)tino Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.This govt love this, the divisiveness of it all

Argue about this when you forget they killed 30000 with austerity and now 60000 with inaction and buffoonery over covid19

Never a truer word spoken
28th June 2020 08:20 AM