First Team Starter
RE: Newport

Fabulous start.
30th September 2020 05:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

That goalkeeping was dreadful, the performance in general has been dreadful, getting torn apart by them for large portions, we should be doing better against lower league teams, I think we'll win but shouldn't be struggling this much.
30th September 2020 05:34 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

Newport are well worth their lead, I just hope the lads can nick a second goal to put this game to bed.
30th September 2020 05:44 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

The luckiest manager does it again.
30th September 2020 06:36 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

I’m gutted for the lads, they deserved more than that....well played Newport.
30th September 2020 06:38 PM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team
Newport

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooop wooooooooooooooooooooooooop gerrrin!
30th September 2020 06:39 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

oh dear...TA and liam must be fucking livid Big Grin

Howweh the toon Tongue
30th September 2020 06:50 PM
Surreymag Offline

Reserve Team

Really should have won it in normal time it was one way traffic second half. Newport put up a good fight and penalties are just a lottery. It is what it is I guess. I would not say we were lucky but often teams from lower leagues as we know from past experiences raise their game.
30th September 2020 06:55 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

The reason it went to the wire is because of bruce and his shit tactics for the first hour ..carrol is fucked as a top footballer and he plays him more or less on his own...fraser looks shite but apparently he's not fit......wilson looks like his fucking dog has just died...same as shelvey ..theres no communication between anybody on the pitch and even after the pens every fucker looked like they wanted to bubble.....fucking garbage ..wembley here we come..
(This post was last modified: 30th September 2020 07:31 PM by carters.)
30th September 2020 07:24 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

Souness says the fans have accepted Wonkyconk.
30th September 2020 07:39 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

(30th September 2020 07:39 PM)liam1708 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Souness says the fans have accepted Wonkyconk.

After that I fucking haven't....
30th September 2020 07:41 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

dodgy keeper....just seen their goal, what the fuck was gillespie doing,? fucking stupid CUNT!!!
30th September 2020 09:13 PM
Surreymag Offline

Reserve Team

(30th September 2020 09:13 PM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.dodgy keeper....just seen their goal, what the fuck was gillespie doing,? fucking stupid CUNT!!!
Wasn’t the best that’s for sure.
1st October 2020 06:18 AM
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite
Newport

He was Shite on loan at Blyth trust me i seen him every week..
1st October 2020 08:05 AM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

(30th September 2020 07:39 PM)liam1708 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Souness says the fans have accepted Wonkyconk.

No he didn't, he said everyone loves him. It's all relative I suppose and I admit that I love him slightly more than the bitter porridgewog but a lot less than my bleeding haemorrhoid.
1st October 2020 08:11 AM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

Hehe, post of the week that like.
1st October 2020 10:05 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(1st October 2020 08:05 AM)Figs Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He was Shite on loan at Blyth trust me i seen him every week..

i trust you, i know a dodgy keeper when i see one....let's face it we've had our fair share over the years............who on earth would dive and try and punch the ball away rather than just catch it? fucking idiot...abrahams didnt exactly hammer it, in fact it was more like a pass than a shot.
1st October 2020 10:23 AM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team
Newport

That was it though. It was a slow shot and the ground was dodgy so misjudged the bounce and pace.
1st October 2020 10:28 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

the grounds not dodgy....he is Rolleyes
1st October 2020 10:33 AM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

Wasn’t great keeping but defending was awful. The first shot should have been closed down, and when it came back off the bar it should have been cleared
1st October 2020 11:52 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

just pray nothing happens to darlow,
1st October 2020 01:13 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Brentford to get to the semi's, the bloke done a deal with the devil or something?

They will beat us like.
(This post was last modified: 1st October 2020 09:26 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
1st October 2020 09:25 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

I fucking hope so.
1st October 2020 09:36 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Hopefully the takeover has happened by then and he's been replaced with Poch or whoever, in which case howay the lads.
(This post was last modified: 1st October 2020 09:37 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
1st October 2020 09:37 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

christ i wonder how many fans feel the same as you two? It would be interesting to know how many fans dont want us to win a trophy just because we have a despicable greedy owner and a "useless fat wonky-conked wallop" as a manager.

The only time we've ever reached the final of this competition there was probably a similar feeling of anger and mistrust among some fans, lord westwood is said to have been just as greedy as mike ashley, with a similar attitude in terms of selling our best players for tidy profits, pocketing all the money, the fans can fuck off...but unlike ashley at least he oversaw two domestic cup finals, although after the '74 final he was quoted as saying "surely nobody expected us to beat liverpool?"

Also the fans were not exactly dancing in the streets when gordon lee was announced as the replacement for smokey joe, after 14 reasonably successful years as manager (ie, 1 cup final, won us a trophy and never took us down) you would imagine it would be a difficult act to follow, but lee took us to wembley in his first season.

Basically its hardly ever plain sailing at this club we all adore, and there's times i wished i'd never gone to that first match when i was a kid, the rest of my life would have been a hell of a lot less stressful without NUFC...but its far too late to change that now and so regardless of who the owners are or who the manager is I will always, ALWAYS, want us to win.
2nd October 2020 12:46 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

(2nd October 2020 12:46 PM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.christ i wonder how many fans feel the same as you two? It would be interesting to know how many fans dont want us to win a trophy just because we have a despicable greedy owner and a "useless fat wonky-conked wallop" as a manager.

The only time we've ever reached the final of this competition there was probably a similar feeling of anger and mistrust among some fans, lord westwood is said to have been just as greedy as mike ashley, with a similar attitude in terms of selling our best players for tidy profits, pocketing all the money, the fans can fuck off...but unlike ashley at least he oversaw two domestic cup finals, although after the '74 final he was quoted as saying "surely nobody expected us to beat liverpool?"

Also the fans were not exactly dancing in the streets when gordon lee was announced as the replacement for smokey joe, after 14 reasonably successful years as manager (ie, 1 cup final, won us a trophy and never took us down) you would imagine it would be a difficult act to follow, but lee took us to wembley in his first season.

Basically its hardly ever plain sailing at this club we all adore, and there's times i wished i'd never gone to that first match when i was a kid, the rest of my life would have been a hell of a lot less stressful without NUFC...but its far too late to change that now and so regardless of who the owners are or who the manager is I will always, ALWAYS, want us to win.

hear hear.....I reckon those two should go and support the mackems
2nd October 2020 01:43 PM
Surreymag Offline

Reserve Team

Yep I have seen some good sides back in the 70s obviously in the 90s and early 00s. Recently we have been average at best some seasons below that hence the relegations. The season before we got promoted to the Premier league for the first time when we nearly went down to the old 3rd tier. We spent a lot of seasons in the second tier when I was younger. It is what it is they are my team and I will always be disappointed when we get beat no matter who is in charge.
(This post was last modified: 2nd October 2020 03:14 PM by Surreymag.)
2nd October 2020 03:12 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

I'm not arsed if I'm honest.
2nd October 2020 03:32 PM