Aarons signs for 'Uddersfield

WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

I'm sure most fans are glad to see him gone..but i always think it's a shame when a young lad with so much ability leaves us, you could say he's wasted his talent in a similar way to Ranger, bad attitude, blingbling, lack of application etc. and ofcourse his constant niggling injuries havent helped......still only 25, has time to show what he can do in the premier league if he makes a name for himself at 'uddersfield, wish him well, and thanks for the memory...

8th January 2021 01:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
RE: Aarons signs for 'Uddersfield

He won’t make it as footballer, in any real sense of the word and will no doubt sink without a trace.

25 and no ones ever real trusted him or even looked at him. I can understand Huddersfield signing him as it’s low risk, but I’d be surprised if he makes more than 10 starts and if he’s still there in a years time.
8th January 2021 09:11 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

have you just found out he's been giving your lass one?. Big Grin

that's more like a matter of fact than an opinion....basically it's up to the player himself to decide his future, if he really wants to play premiership football he needs to apply himself much more, and really see this as his last chance to fulfil his undoubted potential.

Signing for us would have been probably the best day of his life, as it was for Toney..but when it doesnt work out and the club boots a player out like a piece of shit they can react in one of two ways, 1) either feel sorry for themselves and give up hope of ever playing premiership football again, OR 2) stay positive, work harder and prove them wrong... Ivan Toney chose the 2nd option and hopefully Aarons will to, good advice for any young footballer, never give up on your dream.
9th January 2021 12:35 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

In retrospect my initial comments were a little harsh as he’s never been in any trouble, Dave for the rape trial but he can’t really be blamed for that.

It just frustrates me so much when players with his natural ability sign for a club (usually us) and think they’ve made it and the jobs done.

Toney moved on when he was a bit younger, I don’t think Aarons has the time to turn it around. Perhaps he should have been released longer ago for his own good.

But that’s a club issue. Tie young players down to long contracts in the hope they’ll turn into world betters and they’ll have a huge sell on value. When it doesn’t work out, and it invariably doesn’t with us, you’ve got kids tied down to 6 year contracts with no hope of shipping them out.
9th January 2021 03:19 PM