Talkofthetyne

Talkofthetyne

richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
RE: Talkofthetyne

(10th October 2021 01:11 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(9th October 2021 06:48 PM)Seawolf Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Blood money squeaks and out come the freaks - tainted..

Well I'll nail my flag to the mast....

It's sportswashing without a doubt

Do I feel like a cunt for being over the moon with the takeover though? - no

Exactly.
10th October 2021 12:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seawolf Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(10th October 2021 01:11 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(9th October 2021 06:48 PM)Seawolf Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Blood money squeaks and out come the freaks - tainted..

How do TA, I hope you're well.

Alreet Bob you old IT guru you - learnt much from you. Cheers!

I don't think anyone (supporter/fan) should feel like a cunt or guilty, takeovers are out of our hands after all. But for me it's tainted bittersweet joy, getting rid of one owner devoid of an ethical core only to be replaced by another - same arse different cheek morally - both drunk on solipsism, doesn't sit well with me.

There will be much glory/success but as said, it'll be tainted for me. I see there's already talk of Pif taking over alternative energy in the North East - fart farms etc.

For anyone interested, if you haven't seen Adam Curtis's Bitter Lake it's well worth a watch - though primarily about Afghanistan it's also very informative re. Saudi Arabia. (His film HyperNormalisation is worth a watch too)

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

A good read - House of Bush, House of Saud: by Craig Unger.
10th October 2021 01:50 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

(10th October 2021 01:50 PM)Seawolf Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

I don't think anyone (supporter/fan) should feel like a cunt or guilty, takeovers are out of our hands after all. But for me it's tainted bittersweet joy, getting rid of one owner devoid of an ethical core only to be replaced by another - same arse different cheek morally - both drunk on solipsism, doesn't sit well with me.

There will be much glory/success but as said, it'll be tainted for me. I see there's already talk of Pif taking over alternative energy in the North East - fart farms etc.

For anyone interested, if you haven't seen Adam Curtis's Bitter Lake it's well worth a watch - though primarily about Afghanistan it's also very informative re. Saudi Arabia. (His film HyperNormalisation is worth a watch too)

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Is there loads of tits and gash in any of those ?
10th October 2021 02:32 PM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

Afternoon SW. What have you been up to the past few years while the FCB has been running our club and fans into the ground?
10th October 2021 02:48 PM
Seawolf Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(10th October 2021 02:32 PM)liam1708 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(10th October 2021 01:50 PM)Seawolf Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Is there loads of tits and gash in any of those ?

Aye Liam, especially in chapter 69 when Professor Frankenstein's character is introduced - drinks loads of Black Bush.

(10th October 2021 02:48 PM)guff Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Afternoon SW. What have you been up to the past few years while the FCB has been running our club and fans into the ground?

Afternoon Guff. The same as most I guess, getting on with life - or in my case dealing with ill health. You?
(This post was last modified: 10th October 2021 04:02 PM by Seawolf.)
10th October 2021 04:00 PM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

(10th October 2021 10:54 AM)Jinkyjim Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Quick question..

How many of you, before we were talked about in takeover terms, woke up in the morning and thought, I wonder what those Saudi's have been up to this last week...

They're good enough to shake hands and have tea with the queen, they're good enough to be invited to shake hands with the prime minister at no.10 but when they buy us there's outrage. Hypocrisy at its highest. No one gives Saudi a second thought on a daily basis and half the people blabbering on about human rights couldn't name the actual atrocities they're accused of.
10th October 2021 04:18 PM
lundypete Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(10th October 2021 11:09 AM)Jinkyjim Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Exactly...

So why are we being hammered by the media now, we are football fans, If Saudi are good enough for our Royal Family and our Government, why point the finger at us.....

This should be tattooed on the forehead of every football pundit, on TV, the papers, and radio. In the latter example, can I have first dibs on Jason Cunty?
10th October 2021 05:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Surreymag Offline

Reserve Team
Talkofthetyne

I know people just spouting on about human rights. I used to teach Citizenship most of the kids I taught will vaguely remember something about this issue but for most it will not rank highly in their memory banks. I am not dismissing it as bad things go on all over the world and that includes Saudi Arabia .Like people have said how many people give this Saudis a second thought. The only issue for most people from other clubs is one of jealousy. Well they can all fuck off,we are back whether they like it or not.
10th October 2021 05:38 PM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

(10th October 2021 04:00 PM)Seawolf Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(10th October 2021 02:48 PM)guff Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Afternoon SW. What have you been up to the past few years while the FCB has been running our club and fans into the ground?

Afternoon Guff. The same as most I guess, getting on with life - or in my case dealing with ill health. You?

Aye, old age is a bit of a bugger at times but it's better than the alternative.
Retired 6 years ago, spent time in Spain and finally got shot of a 16 year headache. Became a grandfather 5 years ago then had a widow-maker heart attack that should have killed me (well it did my uncle at the same age) but it took 3 weeks to be diagnosed as I'd grown my own bypass (seriously, check out collateral circulation) so I'm still thieving oxygen. Prostate cancer diagnosed 2 years ago and on active surveillance then onset of arthritis last year but at least I got the first instalment of the OAP last month.
10th October 2021 10:03 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Talkofthetyne

Wey, you did ask SW....
10th October 2021 11:00 PM
Seawolf Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(10th October 2021 10:03 PM)guff Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(10th October 2021 04:00 PM)Seawolf Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Aye, old age is a bit of a bugger at times but it's better than the alternative.
Retired 6 years ago, spent time in Spain and finally got shot of a 16 year headache. Became a grandfather 5 years ago then had a widow-maker heart attack that should have killed me (well it did my uncle at the same age) but it took 3 weeks to be diagnosed as I'd grown my own bypass (seriously, check out collateral circulation) so I'm still thieving oxygen. Prostate cancer diagnosed 2 years ago and on active surveillance then onset of arthritis last year but at least I got the first instalment of the OAP last month.

Jesus! you should change your name to Lazarus. I'm not sure if the journey NUFC are about to embark on will be good or bad for you.

Similar experiences, though not as threatening/impacting as yours. High BP, Coronary artery disease, Lung disease (COPD/Emphysema), snap with your prostrate issues - i spend more time trying to piss than I do actually having one. Muscle/joint issues under investigation, carpal tunnel syndrome and protruding spinal discs...

Still in London but bought a house on the Kent coast - sea air benefits the lungs and coastal foraging keeps me active, also good for my heart etc. and quite therapeutic I find.

McCreery, Don't worry mate you have it all to look forward to Wink
11th October 2021 07:50 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(10th October 2021 11:00 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Wey, you did ask SW....

Big Grin
11th October 2021 10:27 AM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

Quiet children, the grown ups are talking.
11th October 2021 12:11 PM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

(11th October 2021 07:50 AM)Seawolf Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.- sea air benefits the lungs and coastal foraging keeps me active, also good for my heart etc. and quite therapeutic I find.

Walking was the number one recommendation of my cardiologist and you can't beat a decent walk along the coast - a very pleasant 3 miler this morning.

[Image: 3AiTceB.png]
13th October 2021 12:40 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(13th October 2021 12:40 PM)guff Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(11th October 2021 07:50 AM)Seawolf Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.- sea air benefits the lungs and coastal foraging keeps me active, also good for my heart etc. and quite therapeutic I find.

Walking was the number one recommendation of my cardiologist and you can't beat a decent walk along the coast - a very pleasant 3 miler this morning.

[Image: 3AiTceB.png]

I've been away down south too long, I barely recognise Whitley Bay
14th October 2021 09:23 AM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

The council should be shot for letting the seafront get overgrown like that.
14th October 2021 10:45 AM