Benitez offer for Longstaff rejected..

WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

.would be interesting to know how much they offered, considering mike ashley valued him at £50m a few years ago, personally i would prefer to keep him because i still think there is potential there, i know he's 24 now so we shouldnt be talking about potential anymore he should be the real deal, but when you consider bruces' coaching limitations i reckon Longstaff's another victim of that, young players suddenly earning a lot of money need to be pushed and encouraged to improve...i reckon there has been an improvement in him since Eddie got him fitter and more focussed, i suppose it depends upon his attitude in training and if he's willing to work hard and become more consistent, but it would seem such a waste if he was sold and became really successful at another club, that's happened too many times with local lads in the past.
6th January 2022 08:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite
RE: Benitez offer for Longstaff rejected..

1 mil apparently.
6th January 2022 09:12 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

What? Cheeky cunts
6th January 2022 10:16 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

He's only got 6 months left on his contract
7th January 2022 08:22 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

No shit sherlock
7th January 2022 10:35 AM
t00nraider Offline

Reserve Team

You shouldn't be talking at all Dick. Potential?
Lmfao!
7th January 2022 12:59 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

(7th January 2022 10:35 AM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.No shit sherlock

Your statement that it was cheeky made me think you didn't.

£1m for a bit player/reserve player that Everton could sign for nothing in 6 months, isn't that cheeky is it.
7th January 2022 01:38 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

Why do you think the offer was rejected?

I'm certain Mandy would have reacted exactly the same way as me "cheeky cunts"
7th January 2022 02:00 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

Maybe Howe doesn't want to sell him no matter the price. I don’t think £1m is that ridiculous.
7th January 2022 07:49 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

I would imagine £1m to be an offer for the likes of clark or lascelles..basically championship players, when you think of how much the price of players playing at the top level has gone apeshite since cloughy spunked £1m on Trevor Francis over 40 years ago, most top players would see it as an insult these days

Thing is why would he want to go to goodison anyways?, theyre in freefall, the fans will never accept rafa and the situation is becoming more toxic with every game they lose and that in turn is affecting the players confidence, he could possibly be sacked soon.

I would give Longstaff the chance to improve under Howe and start working as hard as he did when he first came on the scene and be rewarded with a new contract...if it goes tits up and he starts being a dick feeling sorry for himself just let him go for nowt, he cost us fuck all anyhoo, and he'll just be remembered along with ranger and edgar and others as fucking wasters .
7th January 2022 08:47 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

I agree I don’t see why he’d go there. I don’t want him to go, just don’t think £1m is unreasonable considering his position in the squad and contract situation.

I can’t understand why he hasn’t been given a new contract. Unless some agent has got in his ear and convinced him he’s the new Foden and he’s after silly money.
8th January 2022 09:59 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(8th January 2022 09:59 AM)huntface Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I agree I don’t see why he’d go there. I don’t want him to go, just don’t think £1m is unreasonable considering his position in the squad and contract situation.

I can’t understand why he hasn’t been given a new contract. Unless some agent has got in his ear and convinced him he’s the new Foden and he’s after silly money.

Personally i'm delighted they told rafa to stick his million quid right up his fat spanish arse.,,,,cheeky cunt.
8th January 2022 12:53 PM