Newcastle United v Watford

ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

This is going to be like the Burnley game on steroids, talk about a six pointer, win and we may well be out of the bottom three (for a couple of days), lose and it's looking grim.

Need a striker in before this.
(This post was last modified: 9th January 2022 10:41 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
9th January 2022 10:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team
RE: Newcastle United v Watford

I expected more from this window to be honest. I know it's early days, but we don't have a month to wait before we get the players in.
Not impressed with Wood being linked.
Tarkoweski, Botman, or Diego Carlos, final offers should be made, if they refuse, move on. There's 1000's of defenders out there.
Cantwell- not sure if he's a good buy or not.
Origi and Nketiah would be decent striker options.
Digne from Everton with Longstaff going the other way plus cash. Take it or leave it offer, if its a no, move on.
We struggled to score against Cambridge, albeit there keeper had the game of his life.
We need players in, there is quality out there, I hope they're not going to be strung along until the close of the window or that could seal our fate if we end up with overpriced shite or nothing at all.
Got to question the experience & professionalism just now with those in our transfer dealings.
10th January 2022 08:25 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

They've got like 3 days to get a striker in, if not i'm with you in starting to get a bit pissed off.
10th January 2022 12:39 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

howay man ta far too soon for a watford match thread, most of us still hurting after saturdays total humiliation..although its not particularly the performance as such, 58% possession, 23 shots, 9 on target doesn't seem that bad when all i've seen of the match is the poxy few minutes we get on motd, the worst part is the stories from many fans who were there of players strolling around looking totally dis-interested, the three taking most stick for that is willock, ritchie and longstaff, some fans stating those 3 shud never wear the shirt again.

I always felt after the takeover that some players would begin to have doubts over there future at the club and with the glut of players we've been linked with since this transfer window opened a lot of players might become disillusioned if Eddie can't give them any reassurances that they are part of his plans, we may have witnessed some of that against cambridge with players thinking why should we bust a gut in the cup when we're not gonna be around should the club reach the final (HA!)

If that apathy spreads into the next few league games with still no new players over the line Howe is going to have a serious motivation problem on his hands, but this was always gonna happen, mike ashley together with bruce have left a huge amount of shit for the new owners to clean up, so am trying not to even think about the next game until the intense disappointment and despair of losing at home to crappy cambridge dissipates

Sad
10th January 2022 01:26 PM
matthewa28 Offline

Youth Team

It was always going to cause an utter shit show. A massive rebuilding job thst isn't going to be fixed in one January transfer window. I wonder what clauses there will be for any incomers should the extremely likely relegation happen. Always going to be a struggle to motivate what we have when first of all they're used to doing fuck all from Bruce and they know they're mostly out the door as sson as
10th January 2022 06:32 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

I didn't see a lack of motivation against Cambridge - it was a game we could have won 4 nowt on another day

The fact we got beat was down to lack of quality - when Wilson is out we have no one
11th January 2022 09:38 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

We're you there? Or did you watch it live on a dodgy box? Or did you just see the few minutes on motd?
11th January 2022 10:02 AM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

(11th January 2022 09:38 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I didn't see a lack of motivation against Cambridge - it was a game we could have won 4 nowt on another day

The fact we got beat was down to lack of quality - when Wilson is out we have no one

I agree, had we nicked it one nil, no questions would have been asked over commitment. We should have had a few goals, their keeper was immense of the day.
This happens in football sometimes, I'm not pleased we lost, but we don't need a cup run, any extra games gives extra chances of injuries that we can't afford for the 2nd half of the season.
11th January 2022 02:33 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

We're you there? Or did you watch it live on a dodgy box? Or did you just see the few minutes on motd?
11th January 2022 04:42 PM
Surreymag Offline

Reserve Team

We have a history of losing to lower league teams and from what I saw which was only highlights it looked like we should have won.
11th January 2022 04:54 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(11th January 2022 04:54 PM)Surreymag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.We have a history of losing to lower league teams and from what I saw which was only highlights it looked like we should have won.

We should have won without a doubt, the stats reflect that, we're expected to have more possession and more shots than a league one side and we did that.......it's the talk of players strolling around and not seeming to give a fuck that concerns me most.
11th January 2022 05:10 PM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

(11th January 2022 04:42 PM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.We're you there? Or did you watch it live on a dodgy box? Or did you just see the few minutes on motd?

Were you there?

I was there, and i watched it again the next day and drew the same conclusions, so which of my opinions matters to you most, the live view or my 24 hr later review. We weren't great, but had we won, no one would have bemoaned the performance. We had no cutting edge in front of goal, their keeper was outstanding and made some great saves. Yes, we should have won, but the only thing I'm bothered about is the morale of the players and fans reaction after the defeat, its the last thing we needed from that perspective, but a cup run is also the last thing we needed.
(This post was last modified: 11th January 2022 05:33 PM by Dean20m.)
11th January 2022 05:32 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(11th January 2022 05:32 PM)Dean20m Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(11th January 2022 04:42 PM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.We're you there? Or did you watch it live on a dodgy box? Or did you just see the few minutes on motd?

Were you there?

I was there, and i watched it again the next day and drew the same conclusions, so which of my opinions matters to you most, the live view or my 24 hr later review. We weren't great, but had we won, no one would have bemoaned the performance. We had no cutting edge in front of goal, their keeper was outstanding and made some great saves. Yes, we should have won, but the only thing I'm bothered about is the morale of the players and fans reaction after the defeat, its the last thing we needed from that perspective, but a cup run is also the last thing we needed.

NO ofcourse i wasnt there, which is why i typed "all i've seen of the match is the poxy few minutes we get on motd," in post #4 if you'd bothered to read it .

So you say you were there but werent aware of ritchie, willock, longstaff and schar strolling around the pitch looking totally uninterested?
11th January 2022 06:01 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

3 zip woody hatty
11th January 2022 07:00 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(11th January 2022 07:00 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.3 zip woody hatty

eh?
11th January 2022 09:39 PM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

(11th January 2022 06:01 PM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(11th January 2022 05:32 PM)Dean20m Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Were you there?

NO ofcourse i wasnt there, which is why i typed "all i've seen of the match is the poxy few minutes we get on motd," in post #4 if you'd bothered to read it .

So you say you were there but werent aware of ritchie, willock, longstaff and schar strolling around the pitch looking totally uninterested?

I usually skip past your posts sorry Willo
11th January 2022 09:42 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(11th January 2022 09:42 PM)Dean20m Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(11th January 2022 06:01 PM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Were you there?

I usually skip past your posts sorry Willo

same
11th January 2022 09:47 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(11th January 2022 09:39 PM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(11th January 2022 07:00 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.3 zip woody hatty

eh?

We will beat Watford 3-0, Chris Wood hattrick.

Maybe.
11th January 2022 09:51 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(11th January 2022 09:51 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(11th January 2022 09:39 PM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

eh?

We will beat Watford 3-0, Chris Wood hattrick.

Maybe.

Nothing's ever that simple for us...even though watford are on a run of seven consecutive defeats in all comps they are well aware of the importance of this game and the cambridge result would have given them heart that they can do us aswell.

Interesting to see how Eddie deals with the clever lads who decided to stroll thru the cambridge match, personally i think he should drop willock longstaff ritchie and schar because the squad needs to pull together on this and if they havent got the stomach for the fight there's no point in them being part of it.

Wood will certainly provide a focal point for our attacking, he's not that quick but he's a big strapping lad and not easily muscled off the ball, and if he can hold it up with his back to goal and bring the nippy players into it , frazer, miggy, asm together with joelinton bombing forward we can create some good opportunities.

Who would want to be Eddie Howe at the minute, he comes across as a very calm level headed chap and i'm sure there will have been times at bournemouth when the stress got to him....but nowt compared to this, the pressure on him to get the 3pts in this match is off the fucking scale. he simply HAS to get the team and tactics right for this game...this is where he really starts to earn his wages.
12th January 2022 01:32 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

good opportunity to break out of the shiitty bottom 3...christ, in many ways i fucking hate games like this, theres always some clever shite who pops up and spoils the party.
14th January 2022 05:21 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Rolling into central at 10:18 for a few before the game.

HTL!
14th January 2022 08:27 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

bet Eddie's shittiing himsell Big Grin
14th January 2022 09:11 PM
Budapest 69 Offline

Youth Team

Toon army 1892
Rolling in the central at 10.18 and straight on the drink , you will Rolling down to the station literally after the game lol enjoy
15th January 2022 07:48 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Cheers.

Just fucking win please.

Howay!
15th January 2022 08:49 AM
huntface Online

First Team Starter

That’s 21 points now chucked away from winning positions.

If we can’t beat the dross around us, there’s no hope.
15th January 2022 05:17 PM
matthewa28 Offline

Youth Team

Think that's it. We're going down.
15th January 2022 05:25 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Ah, fuck.

Watford were fucking abysmal by the way, and we couldn't beat them.
(This post was last modified: 15th January 2022 05:34 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
15th January 2022 05:34 PM
Surreymag Offline

Reserve Team

This is a proper kick in the nuts. We have drawn 9 games most of which would should have won. The team is just not good enough maybe we need to go down rebuild and hopefully come back stronger. At the moment it’s just frustrating but we have had years of frustration especially people as old as me. Let’s hope the good-times return sooner rather than later.
15th January 2022 06:52 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

Maxy getting called worse than shite by the commentator first half, mainly for fannying about with the ball, trying to dribble thru their defenders time and again instead of crossing it for wood....but he always shuts them up in the end with a solo act of pure football genius, thats four home games we would have got zero points out of without him, southampton, brentford, manure and watford...at times i agree he can be frustrating as fuck when he tries to do it all himself, but still he is the only one consistently every game who is trying to make things happen.

Wood looked like he was made of wood, seems to have no agility, no awareness, and no brain...therefore just appeared to get in everyone elses way...to be fair it was probably nerves, he's only been used to playing in front of 20/30k at little leeds, littler leicester and tiny burnley, hopefully he'll loosen up a bit when he gets used to it.

So here we are, over two months since Eddie took over, i'm no fitness expert so not really sure how long it takes to improve a group of players stamina levels so theyre not blowing out their arses after about 70 minutes, but that must still be a work in progress.

"Devastated" was the word Howe used to sum up how it feels not to win that game, and i'm sure that's how we all felt when Pedro soared above Lascelles to head in the equaliser, when are we gonna learn that we have not got a defence capable enough to invite teams to come and have a go? they will always score eventually ffs.

OH fuck it, i'm off for a pint.....
(This post was last modified: 16th January 2022 02:01 PM by WilloTheWimp.)
16th January 2022 02:01 PM
Budapest 69 Offline

Youth Team

We have more draws than ikiea, we score and you just know its going to go pear shaped.
I really think the Leeds game will definitely decide if we stop up.
GOT to get 2 center half's in and holding midfield, and a proper goal scorer in
Please mandy before Saturday
16th January 2022 02:54 PM