Hugo Ekitike

Hugo Ekitike

ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite
Hugo Ekitike

Deal getting closer.

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
12th January 2022 06:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter
RE: Hugo Ekitike

who said we couldnt attract players due to the threat of relegation? Rolleyes
12th January 2022 06:21 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Show them the dolla dollas
12th January 2022 06:33 PM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

I think we'll be going backwards and forwards on the Ekitike deal.
12th January 2022 07:11 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Don't tell my heart, my Ekitike heart.
12th January 2022 07:58 PM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

This kid might have a promising future, but he looks too tall & gangly to me. He's only young so might fill out, but I don't think he is the player to get us goals and see us safe this season.
13th January 2022 06:34 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

hang on....just because he's young, tall and gangly means he wont score goals?...remind me how that works. Rolleyes
13th January 2022 09:15 AM
t00nraider Offline

Reserve Team

"Newcastle in talks"
"Another club takes lead in persuit"
13th January 2022 09:35 AM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

(13th January 2022 09:15 AM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.hang on....just because he's young, tall and gangly means he wont score goals?...remind me how that works. Rolleyes

I mean a bit lightweight, seen it lots of times in the Premier league. Just don't see him as a player for the position we're in now.
13th January 2022 02:32 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Hugo Ekitike

But the signing of Wood means we can take a punt on someone like this kid, too.

We can afford to Smile
(This post was last modified: 13th January 2022 02:36 PM by Sal.)
13th January 2022 02:35 PM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team
Hugo Ekitike

He was 4th choice for Reims last year, and he's scored 8 this year, is he really worth spunking all that money on for 8 goals? The defences aren't known to be great over there, and it's a lot of money for a massive unknown.

(13th January 2022 02:35 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.But the signing of Wood means we can take a punt on someone like this kid, too.

We can afford to Smile

Not really if we want to bring in a host of other players. FFP prevents us from spending what we want, we need a quantity of quality, and spending a fortune on unknowns is daft IMO
(This post was last modified: 13th January 2022 11:27 PM by Dean20m.)
13th January 2022 11:25 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
Hugo Ekitike

Even with FFP we can apparently spend nearly £200m

That said the penalties for breaching FFP appear to be fuck all. Chelsea have just posted a loss of £145m and Man City £126m.

I was thinking does relegation really matter to getting players in. Anyone who doesn't fancy a season in the fizzy pop leagues can go on loan.

Again under FFP, Chelsea have 22 players out on loan.
(This post was last modified: 14th January 2022 08:16 AM by huntface.)
14th January 2022 08:06 AM
t00nraider Offline

Reserve Team

The sponsored training camp will cover any FFP issues Wink

The loan option changed after Chelsea arranged loans so can't do this now as they clamped down afterwards I believe.

We will do well to geth a 4th choice.
(This post was last modified: 14th January 2022 09:08 AM by t00nraider.)
14th January 2022 09:06 AM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

(14th January 2022 09:06 AM)t00nraider Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.The sponsored training camp will cover any FFP issues Wink

The loan option changed after Chelsea arranged loans so can't do this now as they clamped down afterwards I believe.

We will do well to geth a 4th choice.

I'd have thought a handful would be ok. I'm not talking about hoovering up all the young players in Europe and sending them out again, like Chelsea did
14th January 2022 09:18 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(13th January 2022 02:32 PM)Dean20m Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(13th January 2022 09:15 AM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.hang on....just because he's young, tall and gangly means he wont score goals?...remind me how that works. Rolleyes

I mean a bit lightweight, seen it lots of times in the Premier league. Just don't see him as a player for the position we're in now.

that's quite a talent to be able to judge how good or bad a striker is based solely on his appearance....we've had a few who really looked the part physically yet couldn't cut it in the prem..luque , mitrovic for example..i always felt toney would do well at this levell (obviously rafa didnt), big, strong and quick, perhaps rafa thought he was a bit too bling bling, but after scoring 24 from 31 in league one, 31 from 45 last season in the championship, he has 4 from 17, just another 6 from the next 18 games and that'll be seen as a reasonable first premiership season for the lad, and also prove me right and rafa wrong. Wink.

So basically strikers come in all shapes and sizes, this young lad is tall and gangly but may have a unique psychic ability to be in the right place at the right time, which every top striker needs to a certain degree.

So as the old proverb says Don't judge a book by it's cover.
14th January 2022 02:42 PM
t00nraider Offline

Reserve Team

Steve Nickson will have done his homework, just like with Almiron and Joelinton.
14th January 2022 05:04 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

both good signings...they both run around a lot.
14th January 2022 05:16 PM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

(14th January 2022 02:42 PM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(13th January 2022 02:32 PM)Dean20m Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

that's quite a talent to be able to judge how good or bad a striker is based solely on his appearance....we've had a few who really looked the part physically yet couldn't cut it in the prem..luque , mitrovic for example..i always felt toney would do well at this levell (obviously rafa didnt), big, strong and quick, perhaps rafa thought he was a bit too bling bling, but after scoring 24 from 31 in league one, 31 from 45 last season in the championship, he has 4 from 17, just another 6 from the next 18 games and that'll be seen as a reasonable first premiership season for the lad, and also prove me right and rafa wrong. Wink.

So basically strikers come in all shapes and sizes, this young lad is tall and gangly but may have a unique psychic ability to be in the right place at the right time, which every top striker needs to a certain degree.

So as the old proverb says Don't judge a book by it's cover.

He may, or he may not. Worth a £40-50m gamble?, I don't believe so.
Toney has had an ok season considering, but he is a just a great Championship player as is Mitrovic & Gayle.
But it is also very easy to say you always thought someone would do well after the fact, more impressive predicting it before the fact. You only started saying anything about Toney's promise when he scored a bunch of goals for Peterbrough if my photographic memory serves me correctly.
(This post was last modified: 15th January 2022 01:41 AM by Dean20m.)
15th January 2022 01:38 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
15th January 2022 04:10 AM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

(15th January 2022 04:10 AM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Yeah, RichyNUFC thought he was promising and you jumped on bandwagon after he actually did show some promise for Peterbrough

15th January 2022 10:43 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

In the only two games he played for us he was very impressive, obviously you wouldn't like him at all because he was too "tall and gangly", and those kind of players don't score goals. you're seriously never gonna live that fucker down, maybe we should have a special section on here called "Deans words of wisdom" where all your ridiculous comments can be stored all in one place so future generations of toon fans can also piss themselves laughing at them. Big Grin

oh and just for the record, richy only started showing an interest in toney once he heard he had a huuuuge cock. Wink

When you think of the contemp the likes of Toney, mitro and arma were treated with by Benitez you have to conclude that he was taking the fucking piss, especially when you remember who we ended up with instead, joselu, muto and almiron, he made some horrendous cock ups, matz sels be buggered. Huh
15th January 2022 01:19 PM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

We did have some horrendous players, Toney included at the time. He was poor, he's not a world beater now either though. He's a great Championship player and an average Premier league player, save at Mitro & Gayle. Toney & Mitrovic maybe could thrive in better teams, but don't think them be deemed good enough for them kinds of transfers.
15th January 2022 02:11 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(15th January 2022 02:11 PM)Dean20m Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.We did have some horrendous players, Toney included at the time. He was poor, he's not a world beater now either though. He's a great Championship player and an average Premier league player, save at Mitro & Gayle. Toney & Mitrovic maybe could thrive in better teams, but don't think them be deemed good enough for them kinds of transfers.

I never considered Toney to be horrendous though, i definitely saw potential there and he has fulfilled it...it is undoubtedly a big step from championship to the prem in terms of scoring goals, this season he is still learning and trying to improve at this level, but he has the ambition and the drive to want to get better, once he gets a full premiership season under his belt with around 10 goals, he will push on next season and try and improve on that..you watch.
15th January 2022 06:21 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

bump

£25m offer for Ekitike been accepted allegedly
31st January 2022 09:02 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

five year deal agreed in the region of £25m/£35m depending which paper you read
2nd June 2022 10:34 AM
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite
Hugo Ekitike

I wont happen its his agent selling him around the world.
3rd June 2022 12:53 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

oh well, Shola will have to get his boots back on then
3rd June 2022 03:19 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

(3rd June 2022 12:53 PM)Figs Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I wont happen its his agent selling him around the world.

Move away and on to a man who knows his own mind.
3rd June 2022 04:44 PM
Surreymag Offline

Reserve Team

He’s a palindrome. Name spelt same forwards and backwards. My mate told me I had to look up what it meant haha!
5th June 2022 04:07 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

another hamstring injury, we could be flogging a dead horse here, it's been a fuck-about anyway, maybe just forget him and look elsewhere for a striker.
10th June 2022 12:20 PM