Nugent to Newcastle

Thread Closed 
Nugent to Newcastle

viana45 Offline

First Team Regular
Nugent to Newcastle

David nugent on his way?

So I've heard and no I won't make any bold predictions!

But he'd be a great addition up top
6th August 2009 04:15 PM
Find all posts by this user
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter
Nugent to Newcastle

Arguably no better than what we have, trouble-maker also
6th August 2009 04:20 PM
omenator2

Unregistered

Nugent to Newcastle

ok for championship but 3 goals in 31 games isn't good enough, seems to have lost his form
6th August 2009 04:20 PM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Nugent to Newcastle

He'll need good service and is he willing to take a pay cut cos we won't be paying PL wages anymore.
6th August 2009 04:25 PM
omenator2

Unregistered

Nugent to Newcastle

Ryton Mag Wrote:He'll need good service and is he willing to take a pay cut cos we won't be paying PL wages anymore.

so he won't be scoring many goals here then, and i can't see any player taking a pay cut these days
6th August 2009 04:29 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

Nugent to Newcastle

33 goals in 94 for preston according to wiki,..fizzy pop is his level though which could be good for us this season,. how the fuck he got the england call is a mystery,..but he would score goals if he came here, very aggresive player
6th August 2009 04:32 PM
omenator2

Unregistered

Nugent to Newcastle

yes but what about when we get out the fizzy pop league, we are stuck with another useless striker. we have had a hard enough time getting rid of strolla and smith
6th August 2009 04:39 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

Nugent to Newcastle

omenator Wrote:yes but what about when we get out the fizzy pop league, we are stuck with another useless striker. we have had a hard enough time getting rid of strolla and smith

lets get out of this league first and worry about that later,..we need to get a striker who has scored regular at this level,.Nugent fits the bill, can`t see us signing Torres,..can you??
6th August 2009 04:47 PM
omenator2

Unregistered

Nugent to Newcastle

ok then ill worry about where this money is going to come from before we even talk about whos coming here Nana
6th August 2009 04:50 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

Nugent to Newcastle

omenator Wrote:ok then ill worry about where this money is going to come from before we even talk about whos coming here Nana

don`t worry about anything lad, i know we will stick with ameobi carroll and ranger for this season,...if they don`t score, thats the time to worry :o
6th August 2009 04:54 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular
Nugent to Newcastle

Omenator the idea is to build a side that can get promoted and then take it from there.

No team can build a team in the championship that can compete in the prem league

That's another example of us fans asking too much

We are a championship team we need good championship players

Plus why prem league quality player in their right mind would join us
6th August 2009 04:56 PM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Nugent to Newcastle

so who has/is buying this nugent?

the fat controller?
6th August 2009 05:07 PM
omenator2

Unregistered

Nugent to Newcastle

i'm not debating that viana, would rather see a player that is already in the championship that has been banging them in and hungry to make the step up and wants to prove he can do it, not some player who has been happily sitting on the bench for 2 years collecting a wage and only contributed 3 goals in 31 games, its buying players like that that has got us into the mess we are in today
6th August 2009 05:08 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Nugent to Newcastle

omenator Wrote:i'm not debating that viana, would rather see a player that is already in the championship that has been banging them in and hungry to make the step up and wants to prove he can do it, not some player who has been happily sitting on the bench for 2 years collecting a wage and only contributed 3 goals in 31 games, its buying players like that that has got us into the mess we are in today

He'd have something to prove though?

But like Jack says, who is buying the players?
6th August 2009 05:18 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular
Nugent to Newcastle

I don't think we can afford to be picky abt who we buy

I reckon there's gonna be a box of players named 'rejects' and we will have our pick from them
6th August 2009 05:20 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Nugent to Newcastle

We won't sign anyone.
6th August 2009 05:27 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Nugent to Newcastle

I dont think we would get much better...
6th August 2009 05:29 PM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Nugent to Newcastle

richyNUFC Wrote:We won't sign anyone.

exactly. not while fatcunt still owns the club any ways.
6th August 2009 05:30 PM
Wally McFool Offline

Reserve Team
Nugent to Newcastle

Would rather have Loveykrands back than Nugent , meself
6th August 2009 05:37 PM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Nugent to Newcastle

how anyone can predict/say we are signing a player in the current climate is beyond me like..
i would have thought this to be the last thing on fat boys mind right now..
6th August 2009 05:58 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Nugent to Newcastle

exactly.
6th August 2009 05:58 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Nugent to Newcastle

i was thinking about him today when i read the paper about that fight he was involved in the hotel i think he would be a canny target man for us...
6th August 2009 06:00 PM
hpoolmag Offline

Youth Team
Nugent to Newcastle

Lucian Wrote:i was thinking about him today when i read the paper about that fight he was involved in the hotel i think he would be a canny target man for us...

He's not a target man, more of a forward, second striker if you will. Bloody good at this level for Preston aswell, thats why everton and pompy were after him.
6th August 2009 08:32 PM
furrygiblets Offline

Reserve Team
Nugent to Newcastle

I'd rather have Carroll tbh.
6th August 2009 08:51 PM
rodofgod Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Nugent to Newcastle

viana45 Wrote:Omenator the idea is to build a side that can get promoted and then take it from there.

No team can build a team in the championship that can compete in the prem league

That's another example of us fans asking too much

We are a championship team we need good championship players

Plus why prem league quality player in their right mind would join us

Kid......av sometimes given yee a hard time on here! But that post is one of the best I've read from you!! Wink Well said Smile
6th August 2009 09:39 PM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular
Nugent to Newcastle

Wally McFool Wrote:Would rather have Loveykrands back than Nugent , meself

So would I, but I would still welcome him to our team. He's better than some of the dross we have.
6th August 2009 09:45 PM
omenator2

Unregistered

Nugent to Newcastle

viana45 Wrote:No team can build a team in the championship that can compete in the prem league

wigan, hull, stoke, sunderland in the past couple of years, just of the top of my head like.

you look at the clubs through the years that have went up and survived, they have kept a core core of players that will fight for the cause and the club and when they have went up used the money they got from promotion to buy the "luxury" players

call me daft but i class a player scoring 3 in two seasons a luxury player, and would much rather have a lesser known player who has scored more than that is in better form and will probably cost half the fee for nugent meaning you can strengthen another area of the field like RB, CB, LB, midfield etc..
6th August 2009 09:51 PM
rodofgod Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Nugent to Newcastle

Hey man.........we're starting the new season with an owner who doesn't want us, a team we can't afford, players who want out and no manager..............we can't afford to be choosy!! TongueTongue
6th August 2009 09:51 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Nugent to Newcastle

omenator Wrote:wigan, hull, stoke, sunderland in the past couple of years, just of the top of my head like.

Did they really? When they got promoted, did they have teams that everybody said "oh they'll stop up" - No!

They had class championship sides. Not many big names. Players of the same quality as Nugent really. Then the mackems spent about £50m under Keane bringing Gordon and them in, Hull got Geovanni and a few others, not sure about Wigan and Stoke, but their first seasons they didn't really have any players that stood out as Premiership quality, not anymore than David Nugent.
7th August 2009 08:42 AM
omenator2

Unregistered

Nugent to Newcastle

yes andd what happened to the players that couldnt cut it in the prem for them teams, they got stuck with them on the wage bill (bit like strolla) do we really want to go down that route again and end up with a striker who is good in the championship but has proven he can't cut it in the prem. we can't afford to keep splashing out on players, we need to think long-term not just getting the quick fix, we did that under shepherd and that was the start of the decline for this club
7th August 2009 12:29 PM

Thread Closed