Nusc

Thread Closed 
Nusc

rodofgod Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Nusc

Lucian Wrote:And the people that did turn up had banners that were spelt wrong...

How could they.............NO ONE TURNED UP allegedly

Om was there though wasn't he??? He painted the fucking boycoutt banner! Big GrinBig Grin
23rd July 2009 03:25 PM
Find all posts by this user
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Nusc

No i mean in the 1st protest last summer..
23rd July 2009 03:26 PM
rodofgod Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Nusc

Hmmmmmm yes, I think this thread clearly demonstrates why Newcastle fans should have no say in how the club is run!!! Big GrinTongue
23rd July 2009 03:26 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

rodofgod Wrote:Which suggested those calling for a protest were far outnumbered by those not calling for a protest eh?? Big Grin It's the protest callers you should have fucking grievance with then.......if nee fucker turned up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erm, yes, it is the protest callers I have a grievance with. did I say it wasn't? Confused

They wanted a protest, and didn't show up.

People who didn't want a protest, may have outnumbered those that wanted a protest, quite clearly that's a fact, but the majority wanted Ashley out and nobody else bothered themselves with doing anything, other than the away fans and the odd one or two who dared criticise Ashley at SJP.

rotti Wrote:So how come the media picked up on those young kids calling for Ashley's head the charv kids people on here were slating at the time and more or less didnt bother with what the NUSC were trying to do.

A few kids turned up, aye. Not exactly a mass protest is it. Fair play to them kids for at least turning up though.
23rd July 2009 03:29 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

rodofgod Wrote:Hmmmmmm yes, I think this thread clearly demonstrates why Newcastle fans should have no say in how the club is run!!! Big GrinTongue

Erm, how?

So it's best to just sit and accept what we're given? Big Grin
23rd July 2009 03:30 PM
rodofgod Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Nusc

richyNUFC Wrote:Erm, how?

So it's best to just sit and accept what we're given? Big Grin

If you can't deduce what I meant by that comment then I ain't gonna spell it out for you!!! Rolleyes
23rd July 2009 03:34 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

Ok.
23rd July 2009 03:36 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

We have had over 25,000 people renew season tickets, no protesters, which just goes to show...

The Majority are OK with the way Ashley /Llambias are running the club...
23rd July 2009 03:48 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Nusc

lmfao got this from footy mad..

Apparently the NUSC are getting together a petition "that aims to make supporters opinion very clear to Mike Ashley". Can someone please tell them ... he's selling up and GOING!

Yes he's taking his time (which boils our piss just as much as anyone else's) but the club is OFFICIALLY up for sale ... bids have been made ... and we await the outcome.

What the hell a petition is going to do .... when the NUSC know full well they are not recognised by the club ... is beyond me.

What we DON'T need right now is bunch of supporters trying to act as though they run the club ... when we are trying to get a buyer to get us out of the shit.
23rd July 2009 03:50 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

We've had more than 2 bids of over £100m.....

Fucking Lies, from the same people, who for a second time tell us we are up for sale...
23rd July 2009 03:53 PM
omenator2

Unregistered

Nusc

the thing that does my head in with NUSC is the way they keep changing their minds, ashley out, offers olive branch, ashley out. this petition they have going when ashley has the club up for sale just shows how unorganised they are.

The way they keep coming out with stuff like the petition is what makes them unpopular with the fans in general, they need to address raising their profile and winning the fans over before they start addressing the club and its problems

In my opinion the way it should be run would be to do work that tries to keep the fans ticking over for the summer, organise something other than a pub meeting talk in, which GRASS do every month and their money goes to charity (know where i rather put my money) maybe even use some of the money raised to organise a fans 5 a side tourny or something like that. Then they can use that as a roadshow, instead of pulling a place out of the hat and turning up hoping people would show up. They need to get peoples attention and a reason to go along not just tell them you will be there to talk to people.

could have even said this month every £10 from new memberships goes to the SBR foundation with the match being on this month, i can imagine alot more fans would sign up knowing the £10 went to that instead of the badge and whatever else it is right now, it could have been a huge promotion drive and doing some good, would have been a win win situation, as you just know the press would cover that donation in a huge light and gave the NUSC some positive press coverage.

Show the nation that even though we are relegated we are looking forward to the new season etc... and who knows if they were more organised the new owners might be more willing to talk to them or involve them more in fans meetings. They could have been the bridge between the club and the fans if it was organised better than it is right now

but what would i know about it since im not one of the special few who were chosed to run the thing
23rd July 2009 04:02 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

If you had gone to the Blakelaw club last neet..

You could have suggested all that..^^^^^^^^^
23rd July 2009 04:14 PM
omenator2

Unregistered

Nusc

jinky i emailed them a few weeks back with some genuine questions and they never bothered to reply so why should i travel up to blakelaw to give them ideas like that (which were off the top of my head) when they can't be bothered to reply to questions i had

its just simple PR work that is their main problem, and something they need to address in the next few months otherwise whoever is incharge of the club will not take them seriously

(oh and if any of them ideas appear in the next few months, you know where they got them from Big Grin)
23rd July 2009 04:20 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

I know how you feel..

I see 'Your' match is going ahead on Sunday, and you don't even get a mention....

Smile
23rd July 2009 04:24 PM
omenator2

Unregistered

Nusc

was never "my" match few others came up with the idea, just happened that me and ross ran with the idea. Couldnt give a fuck about not getting a mention, more annoyed that NUFC and the foundation said to stop persuing it as it was causing embarrasment to both of them since it wouldnt go ahead
23rd July 2009 04:29 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

The "olive branch" thing only came about because the majority of the very few members who first signed up felt that way.

Once more members joined, they again listened to the majority and they swiftly changed their stance to match the majority of their members.
23rd July 2009 04:38 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

The majority of fans would rather sit in a pub and moan about the state of the club, but no way will they show a bit of unity.

nah they would much rather bitch about other fans who are doing stuff like joining a supporters club..

i think over the years, we as fans have lost our unity, and are now just a bunch of football fans, who just happen to follow the same team.
23rd July 2009 11:41 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Nusc

It's am impossible task to unify 52,000 fans

look at the diverse opinions on here about the important stuff between 20 to 30 people.....

we couldn't agree whether to boycott the Hull game or not

we couldn't agree whether to protest before or after the game

we couldn't agree If Shepherd would be any better than Ashley second time around

we can't agree whether forking out money on a season ticket for next season is a good or bad thing

etc etc etc

Just about every group or individual that goes public with views about Newcastle gets ripped to shreads on here.....there is no way on earth there will ever be 1 voice for 52,000 people and I still reckon that unorganised, spur of the moment protests will have more effect than weak organised stuff that never hits the target
24th July 2009 07:32 AM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Nusc

Fucking hell, Mac, did you have sensible juice for breakfast, or something?
24th July 2009 07:57 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Nusc

umbongo
24th July 2009 08:08 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

McCreery Wrote:Just about every group or individual that goes public with views about Newcastle gets ripped to shreads on here.....there is no way on earth there will ever be 1 voice for 52,000 people and I still reckon that unorganised, spur of the moment protests will have more effect than weak organised stuff that never hits the target

Can't unify the fans, more than 52000 by the way, match day fans aren't the only fans.....and the organised protest don't work because about 4 kids and their dog show up.
24th July 2009 08:36 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Nusc

isn't that pretty much what I said......apart from generalising on a figure?
24th July 2009 08:39 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

McCreery Wrote:isn't that pretty much what I said......apart from generalising on a figure?

Nah, you said the organised protest doesn't work because it's weak, would probably have had more effect if people turned up.
24th July 2009 08:41 AM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Nusc

mac's point being you can't get more than a handful of nufc fans to agree on any one proposal.

Amongst those who wanted to protest there were about 100 different opinions on what was the correct way to protest.
24th July 2009 08:45 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Nusc

aye
24th July 2009 08:50 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

Workshy Fop Wrote:mac's point being you can't get more than a handful of nufc fans to agree on any one proposal.

I think you can like. Obviously not everybody agrees, but there will be a majority.

The majority will never be heard though if they're not doing anything to make their opinion known.
24th July 2009 08:54 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Nusc

how do you go about it then Richy?.....surely thats what the NUSC are trying to do and they are getting a kicking for it
24th July 2009 08:57 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

Aye, and in my opinion people should stop kicking them and let them know their negative opinions on NUFC, not their negative opinions on NUSC.
24th July 2009 09:03 AM
rodofgod Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Nusc

richyNUFC Wrote:Aye, and in my opinion people should stop kicking them and let them know their negative opinions on NUFC, not their negative opinions on NUSC.

And when they hear 1000's of differing opinions on which way NUFC should go, what then?? Tongue You're Utopian view is a pipe dream!! People will always find something to moan about, and if it's not the clowns at NUSC it will be True Faith, .com or some other lot that offers an opinion. That's life!!! CoolBig Grin
24th July 2009 09:11 AM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Nusc

To be fair, there is nothing wrong with the concept of a supporter's club. We've had one for years, in fact, just no-one wanted to join it because it was a criminal waste of time and effort.

The reason these cretins get my goat is their insistence that they can make a difference, even get a place on the board. They can't. They are no more effective than I am writing my ignorable crap on here.

Years ago we had the fans' liaison chappy in the club who was supposed to perform the role that the NUSC are advocating. Said person was a figure of ridicule both to the club and the fans, because both sides knew he would be completely ignored.

What it comes down to is whether the club actually want input from the fans on their business and footballing decisions. I would guess not, but if they are retarded enough to want 50,000 morons shouting insane suggestions then a better idea would be for them to set up a "season ticket holders only forum" on the internet and appoint someone to trawl the posts on that board and distill the multi-varied opinions into a generalised synthesis of the match-going fans' opinion.
24th July 2009 09:20 AM

Thread Closed