First Team Regular
Nusc

Have you read it properly yet?
24th July 2009 07:37 PM
Find all posts by this user
omenator2

Unregistered

Nusc

on the protest line, i seem to remember seeing forum owners on the box giving interviews not the NUSC on why they were protesting, or am i wrong on that one

another thing is i seem to recall a few people mentioned that they have tried to contact them with questions etc.. however they were told to come along to a meeting but i seem to remember at the time you needed to pay before you had a say and managed to get a response from them about anything to do with the NUSC (it might have changed now i don't know) but its things like this that put people off, why should they pay to get a feeling in person for the group before they sign up

its all down to the way they do the PR work for the NUSC, if the focused more on the way they were run and portrayed in the press and amongst the fans instead of the was ashley runs the club then they would be more of a force within the area and not held in such bad light amognst the fans

also i am curious and i have never gotten a answer to this, can any member of the group tell me what exactly this £10 fee goes towards? as the last i heard they were on about badges, membershp cards etc..
24th July 2009 08:48 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

omenator Wrote:on the protest line, i seem to remember seeing forum owners on the box giving interviews not the NUSC on why they were protesting, or am i wrong on that one

another thing is i seem to recall a few people mentioned that they have tried to contact them with questions etc.. however they were told to come along to a meeting but i seem to remember at the time you needed to pay before you had a say and managed to get a response from them about anything to do with the NUSC (it might have changed now i don't know) but its things like this that put people off, why should they pay to get a feeling in person for the group before they sign up

its all down to the way they do the PR work for the NUSC, if the focused more on the way they were run and portrayed in the press and amongst the fans instead of the was ashley runs the club then they would be more of a force within the area and not held in such bad light amognst the fans

also i am curious and i have never gotten a answer to this, can any member of the group tell me what exactly this £10 fee goes towards? as the last i heard they were on about badges, membershp cards etc..

The tenner goes towards membership cards, to advertise and that, and booking of places to hold meetings and that, as far as I know. Tbh, some of this is bound to be going in their back pockets somewhere along the line, but the tenner shouldn't be the issue.

They have their own forum if you want to ask questions, you don't have to pay the tenner to join that if you don't want. I think there's about 4000 members on the forum, because their was a link to it on here, but they aren't all NUSC members if this 2000 members figure is true.

As for the protest, it was organised by the NUSC, no idea what forum owners have to do with that.
24th July 2009 08:54 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

Following on from the success of our last NUSC roadshow in Blakelaw we are on the road again this Thursday 30th July at 7.30pm at the

Winlaton West End Social Club, West Lane, Winlaton, NE21 6PQ.

Our Special Guest is the Evening Chronicle\'s ever entertaining chief sportswriterJohn Gibson.

There will also be a quiz and a raffle and the chance to join NUSC on the night -entrance is free to members and non-members.
24th July 2009 09:00 PM
omenator2

Unregistered

Nusc

ok the advertisement i can understand and can kind of see the need for membership cards for turning up at meetings and that. But booking places for meetings, how many places have community centers that are free to use (other places besides them but you get what i mean) also 2000 members (rough guide) at £10 a go is £20,000. Not a chance that membership cards, advertisements and booking rooms comes to anywhere near that figure (again going back to my idea on the other page about waiving the fee for the month, as they could cover it financially)

Had no idea about the forum (no link on their website to it which is weird) so could you direct me to it please

Yeah would like some clarification over the protest as i distinctly remember seeing couple of forum owners on the box giving interviews about it
24th July 2009 09:02 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

omenator Wrote:ok the advertisement i can understand and can kind of see the need for membership cards for turning up at meetings and that. But booking places for meetings, how many places have community centers that are free to use (other places besides them but you get what i mean) also 2000 members (rough guide) at £10 a go is £20,000. Not a chance that membership cards, advertisements and booking rooms comes to anywhere near that figure (again going back to my idea on the other page about waiving the fee for the month, as they could cover it financially)

Had no idea about the forum (no link on their website to it which is weird) so could you direct me to it please

Yeah would like some clarification over the protest as i distinctly remember seeing couple of forum owners on the box giving interviews about it

Like I said, some of it will go in to their pockets, but if you're worried about a tenner, then fair enough, also, getting special guests to these meeting probably costs a bit.

The forum was posted on here a while back, I'm sure it was an nusc forum, I may be wrong like.

And I think it's common knowledge that the protest was organised by the NUSC.
24th July 2009 09:05 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

How much would Gibson charge to go to one of these meetings, bet he doesnt do it for nowt. but as you say m8 no way would it cost £20k to have the cards and all the leaflets done and in who's bank account is this money accumulating interest.

As im not a member and ive not stumped up £10 its not my problem im just asking a question.
24th July 2009 09:06 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

Quote:some of it will go in to their pockets

So how is that right IF they do that richy.Surely every penny should be used for NUSC stuff.
24th July 2009 09:07 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

rotti Wrote:So how is that right IF they do that richy.Surely every penny should be used for NUSC stuff.

I don't really care if I'm honest, their principals are right and the money isn't the issue.

People complain about this £10 thing for being a member, forgetting that you can go to their meetings and protests without even having to pay a penny!
24th July 2009 09:08 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

So why not just say free membership and just pay a donation if you want to. the £10 is not the issue really its their thinking that they can get into the boardroom when they have nee chance of that happening.
24th July 2009 09:11 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

Again, they've no chance because nobody takes them seriously and people slag them off.

I don't know what the membership fee is about, why don't you go to one of their meetings and ask them!
24th July 2009 09:12 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

The Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST) seeks to benefit both the Football Club and its supporters by channeling the passion of Newcastle supporters into a forward-thinking organisation that is a legally constituted, democratic, not-for-profit Supporters Trust of Newcastle United.

The main aims of the Newcastle United Supporters Trust are:
to strengthen the bonds and dialogue between Newcastle United and its supporters; to encourage Newcastle United to take proper account of the interests of its supporters and the community it serves in its decisions and to honour the contribution made to the club by the community; ultimately, to promote the full, accountable democratic and constructive involvement of supporters in the running and direction of Newcastle United including the principle of supporter representation on the board of Newcastle United.

The Trust will act responsibly as a guardian of the future of Newcastle United. If the Trust believes that the Club is being run incompetently and not in the interests of the supporters the Trust will not be afraid to criticise. The Trust however, will not exist just to be critical; the Trust will also be about helping the club, tapping into the skills and expertise of its members and offering solutions.

The Trust is ran by its members. Every member is eligible to stand for election and to vote for candidates for the NUST board which will be accountable to all NUST members.

The Trust is legally registered and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Any money raised or shares bought will belong to all members equally. The trust produces independently audited annual accounts and provides regular updates to members through meetings, newsletters, emails and website.

We now have members in 31 countries..
24th July 2009 09:17 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

Nah think i will give one of the other lads a chance to see what they are about, maybe you for instance then you can come back on and let us all know what its about.

Good luck to them and all that but i personally think those chav kids chanting for Ashley out have done more to getting rid of Ashley in the media's eyes than what the NUSC have done SO FAR.
24th July 2009 09:20 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

rotti Wrote:Good luck to them and all that but i personally think those chav kids chanting for Ashley out have done more to getting rid of Ashley in the media's eyes than what the NUSC have done SO FAR.

How many times have I said I agree.

But that's the fans' fault, for not taking them seriously.
24th July 2009 09:27 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

Workshy Fop Wrote:There's nothing they should be doing, because there's nothing they can do. They are lying to you and everyone when they pretend otherwise.

So basically we should all assume the position?

this imo is a typical NUFC supporter
[Image: human-doormat.jpg]
24th July 2009 11:47 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

I was reading summit Llambias was saying aboot NUSC and he was on aboot them only having a handful of members. basically brushing them off as if they were a joke, but you can bet if NUSC had 50,000+ he wouldnt have been so quick to cast them aside.

yes the truth is, if they had more members, they would have been seen as a huge threat.

which is why the likes of AC Milan, Madrid have great supporters clubs, cause if the club fuck them off, the supporters clubs kick up a massive stink, and the presidents/owners of the clubs fucking shit themselves.
24th July 2009 11:59 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

The difference is m8 the Barca/Madrid fans own the club, so if their elected president is shit they get the chop. you cant do what they do over in Spain over here because the fans pay to watch the games and that is it.

They are not investors in the club and even if the NUSC had 50k members unless they had a mass boycott of the games what power have they got.

No club in this country will ever have a normal fan at boardroom level and to have a say in the running of the club.
25th July 2009 01:23 AM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Nusc

Jinkyjim Wrote:The main aims of the Newcastle United Supporters Trust are: to strengthen the bonds and dialogue between Newcastle United and its supporters; to encourage Newcastle United to take proper account of the interests of its supporters and the community it serves in its decisions and to honour the contribution made to the club by the community; ultimately, to promote the full, accountable democratic and constructive involvement of supporters in the running and direction of Newcastle United including the principle of supporter representation on the board of Newcastle United.

How? How? and how? There is no dialogue between club and fans to strengthen, and no indication of how they would intend to achieve this aim if there were. The bonds are solely a one-way choke chain dragging us face down along the shit slide NUFC is currently plunging down. The club feels no loyalty to its fans, as it has proven on numerous occasions throughout the last three administrations. It certainly has no intention in taking account of the interests of its supporters or community, except perhaps as marketing or PR opportunities, and no credible business would modify its business strategy to accommodate either of those. Actually, the last one they can do, as they only claim to intend to ultimately promote that concept, which they can do til their legs drop off, but no sensible owner will even consider, except maybe in the mode of having a fan's liaison officer again, in the employ of the club and held under strict disclosure restrictions.

Jinkyjim Wrote:The Trust will act responsibly as a guardian of the future of Newcastle United. If the Trust believes that the Club is being run incompetently and not in the interests of the supporters the Trust will not be afraid to criticise. The Trust however, will not exist just to be critical; the Trust will also be about helping the club, tapping into the skills and expertise of its members and offering solutions.

I fail to see what skills or expertise the fans in the street can offer the club that it can't employ top professionals to do itself, unless they are now pimping out their members as free labour to the club: "The pitch is in a shocking state, but don't worry we've got a bunch of lads with lawnmowers here who'll see it right."

Jinkyjim Wrote:The Trust is ran by its members. Every member is eligible to stand for election and to vote for candidates for the NUST board which will be accountable to all NUST members.

Ah, the grand old democratic principle of local parish councils everywhere: anyone can run for the board, so long as they get enough votes. Of course, there is an incumbent board and as they are the only ones you will have heard of, people will always vote for the status quo - unless they do something dramatically stupid or evil.

Jinkyjim Wrote:The Trust is legally registered and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Any money raised or shares bought will belong to all members equally. The trust produces independently audited annual accounts and provides regular updates to members through meetings, newsletters, emails and website.

This is a reasonable and laudable point. Well done, NUST.

Jinkyjim Wrote:We now have members in 31 countries.

So precisely how many of them can attend your free meetings, and get a say toward the direction of the trust, never mind the club?
25th July 2009 08:12 AM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

rotti Wrote:The difference is m8 the Barca/Madrid fans own the club, so if their elected president is shit they get the chop. you cant do what they do over in Spain over here because the fans pay to watch the games and that is it.

They are not investors in the club and even if the NUSC had 50k members unless they had a mass boycott of the games what power have they got.

No club in this country will ever have a normal fan at boardroom level and to have a say in the running of the club.

AC Milan are not owned by the fans though mate, and they seem to have a lot of sway. reason being is cause they show unity, and when they are not happy, the club listens.

Its obvious if NUSC had a lot more members, they would be more formidable as most of them would be paying customers.
25th July 2009 09:32 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Nusc

It's alright saying that if they had more members they would have a bigger say...

It's like the Lib Dems saying that if only more people voted for them they could be leading the country

the NUSC have to make themselves a more attractive proposition in order to get more members and I think the fact of the matter is there isn't a great deal they can do with 2,000 or 50,000 members
25th July 2009 09:49 AM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

50, 000 individuals, moaning into their Beer = RABBLE
25th July 2009 10:51 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

The NUST - is that different to the NUSC?
25th July 2009 11:54 AM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

All you need to Know...
(This post was last modified: 25th July 2009 12:07 PM by Jinkyjim.)
25th July 2009 12:04 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

Aye DS your right about AC Milan m8 but still they dont have fans at boardroom level, or i dont think they have which is what the NUSC are after.

The only time the NUSC will have any clout is IF they asked its members to boycott the games which would make a difference.
25th July 2009 03:35 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

Aye, all 2000 members, probably not all season ticket holders either...that would make a difference!! Big Grin
27th July 2009 08:46 AM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Nusc

Jinkyjim Wrote:Any money raised or shares bought will belong to all members equally.

I think there you have the long term goal of the NUSC/T (hmm, there's an interesting anagram you can make out of that): they expect the club to be refloated and they want to buy in as a shareholder.

Now. when Ashley bought SJH's shares in his cut-price deal, 1% of NUFC cost him over £1.3m. Ignoring, for now, that such a share would be completely ignorable in any shareholder decision making, the NUSC/T would need 130,000 paying members to afford that, always assuming they hadn't blown too much on keyrings and membership cards.

Well, good luck to them, and any of you who wish to pursue such a venture. It's always nice to feel one of the gang. I think I'll stick with the "rabble" grumbling just as ineffectually into their pints.
27th July 2009 09:27 AM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

Workshy Fop Wrote:Well, good luck to them, and any of you who wish to pursue such a venture. It's always nice to feel one of the gang. I think I'll stick with the "rabble" grumbling just as ineffectually into their pints.

Yep, thats what Ashley is banking On...
27th July 2009 10:18 AM
tino Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

ive still got my 1 share from when the club was floated

it wasnt worth cashing in
27th July 2009 10:28 AM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Nusc

Jinkyjim Wrote:Yep, thats what Ashley is banking On...

Really? You think Ashley would give a fuck if the entirety of Britain, all 60 million men, women and children, started waving protest banners? The only possible relevance the NUSC/T has is with the next set of owners. This particular fat cunt has washed his hands of us, and no amount of protest or letters to the board will have the slightest effect on him.
27th July 2009 12:33 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Nusc

It would have been nice just to support Keegan...

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Last 2 lines of the article..! !
27th July 2009 01:07 PM

Thread Closed