By mind it's quiet at NUFC

Thread Closed 

Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

There must be stuff going on surely, no manager, no transfers in or out, seems to be strangely qiuet. This has got to be hitting revenue because I bet they'll be lucky if they've sold many season tickets whilst this uncertainty continues.

There must be stuff happening behind the scenes one would have hoped. Anyone on here bought a season ticket ? I haven't in fact I haven't even had the renewal forms out.
4th June 2009 05:32 PM
Find all posts by this user
King Sentinel I Offline

First Team Regular

No renewal form been posted as of yet. Strange because normally theyre on your doorstep the day after the last day of the season.
4th June 2009 05:36 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

The whole situation is a fucking nonesense.

The silence is killing me, I am totally dreading Asho coming out and saying he is back in, with his trusty hombre JFK to lead us to our salvation.
:mad:
4th June 2009 05:38 PM
omenator2

Unregistered

that will happen september 1st sal
4th June 2009 07:00 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

isnt it sickening that man city are going to spend loads on players we could have been bought by their owners as they tried to buy us before they went for man city.

Its sickening to see where we have ended up where as man city will be making inroads into the top 4 in a few years time.
4th June 2009 07:03 PM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman

Ryton Mag Wrote:There must be stuff going on surely, no manager, no transfers in or out, seems to be strangely qiuet. This has got to be hitting revenue because I bet they'll be lucky if they've sold many season tickets whilst this uncertainty continues.

There must be stuff happening behind the scenes one would have hoped. Anyone on here bought a season ticket ? I haven't in fact I haven't even had the renewal forms out.

Nah man, Ashley just fell asleep in front of the XXX Channel again with a half empty pizza box on the arm of the sofa and 14 empty cans of Red Stripe strewn on the floor, next to a hastily discarded box of mansize tissues which sit worringly close to a couple of dozen thousand season ticket renewal forms in the corner of the room.
5th June 2009 07:17 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

This silence isn't purely about negotiations between Shearer and Ashley, it's gone on too long, there must be takeover talks taking place, because KS says, normally the renewals are on the mat before the players leave the pitch after the last game. Hope it's worth it.
5th June 2009 07:27 AM
King Sentinel I Offline

First Team Regular

I had a conversation with a ST holder at work who says the lack of renewal forms may be because they are using the cards from last season so they can send the renewal forms out a bit later as they dont have to sort thousands of them out.

The question i then put to him was surely they'd want the monay banked asap?

I got no reply, well apart from a shrug.
5th June 2009 04:31 PM
keep the faith Offline

Youth Team

Wouldn't you think Cashley could at least put Shearer on a rolling one month contract for the immediate future and allow him to sort the team out in preparation for the new season.
That way a more stable club might attract potential buyers and if Shearer's not any new owners choice, it wouldn't cost them a fortune to get shot of him. If he was who they wanted,they'd just have to re-negotiate his contract on a permanant basis.
On the other hand, if a new owner dosen't come in, at least we have a manager for now to take things forward.
Either way, it allows Shearer to ship out who he feels has to go, regardless of whether it high wages or just plain dead wood. He will then be able to use any money raised on new signings and hopefully Cashley will put up some sort of investment for players which he can get back by negotiating in any future deal when a buyer comes along.
That way, the fans have some idea of what's happening and might just be a deciding factor for some who are contemplating renewing or not.
The more ticket sales he gets has to be for the better of the club surely !!
At this rate, how many will just not bother. I'm buggered either way as signed up for 3 yrs, but saying that, i would still go back regardless of the situation or the league we're in.
Yet again, two weeks ago there was hope and negotiations and looked like we would finally move forward, but in typicall NUFC style, the silence is deafening.

It would be nice to see Cashley actually come out in public in front of the cameras and either read a statement in person or tell us what the hell is going on.

Wishfull thinking on my behalf !!!!
What a club!
5th June 2009 06:19 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

"It would be nice to see Cashley actually come out in public in front of the cameras and either read a statement in person or tell us what the hell is going on."

that would be cosmic,..or even orgasmic
5th June 2009 06:24 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

The only thing in our favour is that the transfer window doesn't open until july 1st, and i've no doubt Shearer has identified his targets, but i would be happier when all this over before my battered heart gives it up altogether :mad:
5th June 2009 06:24 PM
keep the faith Offline

Youth Team

the black and white blood pumping through the veins will keep you ticking along, Keep the faith lol!!!!
5th June 2009 06:47 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

King Sentinel I Wrote:No renewal form been posted as of yet. Strange because normally theyre on your doorstep the day after the last day of the season.

They can't afford the Stamp's....
5th June 2009 06:59 PM

Thread Closed