Dutch Stopper Tim Toon Penalty King

Thread Closed 

omenator2

Unregistered

Dutch goalkeeper Tim Krul was Newcastle United's penalty-saving hero as the Magpies extended their unbeaten run to ten matches following a 1-1 draw with Manchester United at Altrincham's Moss Lane.

The hosts were awarded a spot-kick with just 11 minutes left on the clock after centre-back Ben Tozer was adjudged to have tripped striker Lee Martin inside the area.

Full-back Fabio Da Silva stepped up but Krul was a match for his powerful effort as the Holland Under-21 skipper leapt to his left to deny the Brazilian youngster.

That stop inspired Richard Money's side and they went in search of a winner with both Tozer and Spanish frontman Xisco going close to snatching maximum points.

Red Devils skipper Corry Evans had earlier fired Ole Gunnar Solksjaer's men into an 8th-minute lead after bursting in behind the visiting backline before coolly slotting past Krul.

But the Geordies are made of stern stuff these days and it came as no surprise when they drew level ten minutes later.

A long punt downfield was cushioned into the path of Frank Wiafe Danquah by Xisco and the Dutch midfielder dispatched in emphatic fashion from all of 30 yards as his piledriver whistled beyond the desperate dive of Tomasz Kuszczak.

Nile Ranger then had what looked like a perfectly legitimate goal chalked off for climbing after he had risen above Da Silva to power home Shane Ferguson's back-post delivery.

The second period was as fiercely fought as the opening 45 minutes and Martin lobbed inches wide within seconds of the restart.

At the other end Xisco rattled a post and marauding full-back James Tavernier was thwarted by Kuszczak before Krul's late heroics earned a point for United.
24th April 2009 05:25 AM
furrygiblets Offline

Reserve Team

I'm gunna say this again as i have been saying all season, why the fuck is Xisco not allowed first team appearances?
24th April 2009 08:27 AM
Find all posts by this user
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

I don't know. He looked good in the cup game against Hull.

Wouldn't give him that chance now like, with Owen, Oba and Viduka fit.

But when we were left with Shola and Carroll, Xisco and Ranger should have had a go.
24th April 2009 08:50 AM
furrygiblets Offline

Reserve Team

richyNUFC Wrote:I don't know. He looked good in the cup game against Hull.

Wouldn't give him that chance now like, with Owen, Oba and Viduka fit.

But when we were left with Shola and Carroll, Xisco and Ranger should have had a go.

Exactly, i fully agree about him not starting now like but back then wehn we had no strikers he should have been at least given a chance. He was banging them in for the reserves with Ranger.
24th April 2009 09:23 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Aye I know.

To be honest, I think there was a toe injury or something that kept him out for a while. And then he was just ignored.
24th April 2009 09:25 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

If you have that nufcTV thing, have a look at Danquah's goal. Class.
24th April 2009 03:49 PM
furrygiblets Offline

Reserve Team

Yeah i watched the reserves on our Chipped box on MUTV last nite Big Grin
24th April 2009 05:18 PM
Mick Mahoney Offline

Youth Team

Xisco is rubbish and has probably found his level in reserve team football, i think he would struggle in the fizzy pop
24th April 2009 07:00 PM
furrygiblets Offline

Reserve Team

Mick Mahoney Wrote:Xisco is rubbish and has probably found his level in reserve team football, i think he would struggle in the fizzy pop

Don't know about you but i haven't seen him have a decent run in our first team.
24th April 2009 07:13 PM
Mick Mahoney Offline

Youth Team

i dont normally make instant decisions on players and think they should be given time, unfortunatley this lad just seems totally out of his depth, he might prove me wrong but i think he will be gone in the summer
24th April 2009 07:24 PM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

Xisco is always in the bars apparently. He also holds hands with other men/boys alledgely. Maybes thats why he doesn't get a lot of playing time because he probably isn't fit.
24th April 2009 10:40 PM

Thread Closed